Windows 10 Mobile feature request for Lumia 930 users to have a OTG function?

DeepakG9949

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
Windows 10 mobile feature request for Lumia 930 users to have a OTG function.

I'm a Lumia 930 user, i have a request for adding OTG function on L930.
The reason is out of storage issue . L930 has 32GB of internal memory without any SD card option. Its difficult to take all the pictures and delete videos to make some space every time when i have to travel ( i love taking photos a lot ). And i love playing games (FPS) again storage space makes me to delete some files to install new games.

If any one in windows 10 mobile development can add a new feature of OTG or partial OTG ( using 'Y cable' - OTG with external power support) will be greatly useful for L930 users.

And also need is there a Firmware update coming for L930 for windows 10 mobile with any new features ?.. heard Rumors.. curious about it.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 mobile feature request for Lumia 930 users to have a OTG function.

You will need to contact Microsoft directly for such requests (this is not a Microsoft run site), however I don't believe the hardware supports OTG and so they cannot add it to the OS on the 930. Only the newer phones support OTG.

Offloading data to OneDrive may help you manage memory.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 mobile feature request for Lumia 930 users to have a OTG function.

There are some 3rd part apps for swapping files between devices (phones, NAS disks, pc's ) via wifi, same as professional photographer when backups their daily shots

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site

As a rule of thumb if you love taking photos, charge your phone via laptop or pc every other day and transfer over all your photos.

This way you don't have to delete photos that you don't want to.

Also in Wm10 there is the windows feedback app, best use that if you want to request certain things however it may not be practical - if the phone doesn't support it (via hardware) then... there isn't much that can be done

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site

all nokia phones are dead now, all you can expect is new builds and cumulative updates, you already have final firmware-drivers, there's no more juice left to take from that soc(and even if there was, they don't care), if it doesn't perform its just software not intended for your device, like relying more on page files because it makes sense on 950's thanks to their faster flash or something, but total mayhem for a 930, that sort of thing

and you can check QUALCOMM specs, Microsoft doesn't make actual computer hardware, nor did nokia, QUALCOMM made the computer inside the 930, it clearly supports usb OTG, for which the drivers never were made on wp or w10m and probably never will be made either, why? they are focused on something else now

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro