Messaging App - is there a way to refresh or reset it?

N1cks

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I signed out of Skype linked to the Messaging app. As a result, all the Skype conversations disappeared.

I've since signed back into Skype... but the conversations are yet to reappear.

Is there a way to refresh, or reset the messaging app without doing doing a hard reset?

If I were to select all the conversations and hit delete, does that also delete the conversations from the backup?

N1cks

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Update - the Skype conversations eventually reappeared in the Messaging app after sending a few Skype messages/calls/photos.

One of my contacts has x4 'Microsoft Messaging' profiles. The way Microsoft deals with old MSN Messenger and Skype contacts is such a mess.

anon(9600179)

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
Keep in mind that Skype only keep the messages in the cloud for 3 months. So if you unlink your Skype account, you will lose those messages that have been send more than 3 months ago.
For the duplicated contacts, you can go in the Contacts applications and link them.

N1cks

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Keep in mind that Skype only keep the messages in the cloud for 3 months. So if you unlink your Skype account, you will lose those messages that have been send more than 3 months ago.
For the duplicated contacts, you can go in the Contacts applications and link them.

Surprised to learn Skype messages are only stored for three months. Good to know.

As for the Duplicated Contacts issue - even you unlink them, they're still there.
It's problem that has been around since the merger of MSN messenger with Skype: https://community.skype.com/t5/Mac/Duplicate-Contacts/td-p/92490

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes