Not able to download April Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Mobile. (built 10586.218) Any idea why?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Not able to download April Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Mobile. (built 10586.218)

I'm not able to download April Cumulative Update on my Microsoft Lumia 550.

It's showing two updates available 10586.218 and MICROSOFTMDG update, but when I'm trying to download them, the progress bar gets stuck at 0%.

This has happened before too. But earlier, when I uses to leave the phone connected to the charger and WiFi, updates use to download overnight.

This time the progress bar remains stuck at 0%, even after 20 hours.

Even when I turn off the WiFi, it keeps saying that updated are being downloaded. This gets fixed after a soft reset, and it says updates available and ready for download.

As soon as I plug the phone to the charger, again it shows downloading updates massage again (even when there's no internet connection).

I'm from India and using Lumia 550. What should I do? Is this possible because of slow WiFi connection? I'm getting a slow internet speed of 2 Mbps

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: Not able to download April Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Mobile. (built 10586.218)

I'm from India and using Lumia 550. What should I do? Is this possible because of slow WiFi connection? I'm getting a slow internet speed of 2 Mbps

I fear yes.
MicrosoftDMG is the official firmware upgrade, separated by o.s. update.
Only way is letting phone charged and connected by night for some days

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo