How do I STOP Cortana from Sending Data when Disabled (Keep Search Bar)?

NathanSchmitz

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
How to STOP Cortana from Sending Data when "Disabled" (Keep Search Bar)

This should indeed work, I have not tested it that much, but I don't see why it shouldn't work! This is for all those people who "disabled" Cornata (Siri's evil cousin) and still saw that, in task manager, that Cortana was still sending data. It is extremely easy! Heres how! Search for "Windows Fire Wall with Advanced Security" Right click on it and run as Administrator. Click on "Inbound Rules" Find Cortana, should be something like Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_1.3.8... Ext. Right click on it, then hit properties, go to general, and down at the bottom under "Action" hit "Block the connection" Hit apply hit okay and then do the same with "Outbound Rules" :D that stopped Cortana from sneakily using data while it was "Disabled" and you keep your search bar too so yay! Hope this works for you! Like I said i didn't test it that much.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Re: How to STOP Cortana from Sending Data when "Disabled" (Keep Search Bar)

There's more than one setting in cortana. Disabling the assistant doesn't mean you don't disable the process from searching web history and other things. This has separate settings.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes