Voila'! Messages are back!

GrayW0lf

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
And that Jon responds to a Rijav who never tipped such a process ; the only Rijav commenting on my feedback says some exchange is needed with a given contact to see its thread restored (exchange as sharing a conversation, and not the Exchange protocol) o_O
Yeah Jon missed Rajiv's context entirely.

Rajiv's intention was to use the word "exchange" with the lowercase "e" - not uppercase. "Exchange" (Uppercase E) is a Microsoft email server product (in case you do not know that). In Rajiv's case, he meant that you must send/receive texts to/from a given contact to have the text chain with that person download to your phone.

I've seen that supposed "workaround" floating on the Internet myself. It's as implausible as it is unlikely. Jon's idea of using a different protocol for syncing data has merit and that's why I'm curious about his steps (and yes, I posted a response comment as "Brent S" on your feedback to ask about those steps).

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Latest experiments: logging out on 14327 (or above) in Messaging Everywhere deleted all messages, thread by thread. Logging in it again didn't trigger any sync.

As for Jon's tips, etc. I'm pretty sure all recipes we're reading here and there are pure coincidence.

GrayW0lf

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Latest experiments: logging out on 14327 (or above) in Messaging Everywhere deleted all messages, thread by thread. Logging in it again didn't trigger any sync.
Yeah I had the exact same experience on my laptop. I upgraded my personal desktop to the latest Redstone build to see if the Messaging Everywhere app on it would "See" my old TXTs.. it does!

I can send/receive text messages via my 950XL without a problem. The new texts get added to existing threads on the PC but the older SMS on my phone do not show up on PC or vice versa, on my phone.

In short: Messaging Everywhere is not just "beta" -- it is more like an early alpha. It works, but only kind of.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Yesterday evening, about 22:00 GMT, suddenly messages became slow, and I noticed all old messages were coming back all togheter!
Someone can confirm it?
Today I'll try on my spare Lumia, off since one week

GrayW0lf

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Yesterday evening, about 22:00 GMT, suddenly messages became slow, and I noticed all old messages were coming back all togheter!
Someone can confirm it?
Today I'll try on my spare Lumia, off since one week
No improvement for me, I'm afraid. It's good that you had your older text messages restored, sir!

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I've installed that app on my PC this morning, it has retrieved SMS easily, but "one by one", which I suspect means it works only for the "old architecture". And indeed, it stops in November 2015, when I switched to W10M as my main device. Now waiting for the 535 to show any sign of cooperation lol

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
This past Thursday I had to replace my Lumia 950 as the original phone had become defective. I decided to start from scratch and not restore from backup. My messages were set to sync for the past month but none synced initially. Then this afternoon I noticed that all of my missing messages appear to be back, not just from the past month but as old as ones from 2014 all the way to the recent missing ones.

ML10

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
My dad updated his att 640 and all his messages are gone. Do they appear in time

Sent from my awesome 640 on Windows 10

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs