W10M on LG Nexus 5X??

ADabOfOppo

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
Just curious, but would it even be feasible to get W10M running on the 5X? I love the design on my 830, but the 5X is really tempting me to move away from WM. This is a hard choice as I have been with MS and WM since the 920 was launched. I ordered one the day it was available, so I do not take switching to Android lightly.

But with the recent slow down of development and lack of attractive new devices, I am thinking the 5X would be a nice phone. Android has made strides to at least look better, but I still love the way W10M looks and feels to use.

So I had the thought that if I could get a 5X and have it running W10M, that would be ideal. I recall that when HTC released the M8 for WM 8.1, they made zero changes to the hardware and WM worked perfectly fine.

Perhaps my crazy idea isn't all that crazy?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It'd be nice, we all would like stuff like that, but its not going to become a thing.

Better check out the Mi4.

ADabOfOppo

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
I completely understand my idea is a shot in the dark, but I thought it might be possible. Maybe even someone on the forums has already tried it.

Why the Mi4? It's a rather attractive phone, yes. But it doesn't run WM. Or has someone gotten it to do that?

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm not understanding why you cite slow down of development as one reason for getting a Nexus 5X, but then you want to put WM on it. What would that gain you?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm not understanding why you cite slow down of development as one reason for getting a Nexus 5X, but then you want to put WM on it. What would that gain you?
I agree. A Nexus 5X will get updates every month directly from Google.

ADabOfOppo

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site

Because I dislike Android and still prefer W10M. I would still lack the faster development, yes. But overall, I want W10/M to succeed. So getting a 5X would get me Android right now, and then potentially W10M on the same hardware; at least in my idealistic scenario.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes