Why is iTunes for Windows 10 so awful

donaldvc

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I sympathise with many of the complaints from current and former Windows Phone / Windows Mobile users about sub-par experiences but every time I have to open or use iTunes on a Windows device I am reminded just how dreadful and shoddy the support and services can be that Apple provides. This afternoon my daughter asked about the iTunes allowance I had set up for her 18 months ago. It seems that Apple has decided to cancel this service without letting users know. Just as bad, the advice to use iTunes Store Quick links to send an iTunes gift is totally fatuous as the links are greyed out.

I could continue about the botched iOS and OS X releases and updates I have suffered from in the last year but rant over for the moment! I have been using Apple services and devices for more than 15 years but find the quality of service has deteriorated and is now markedly worse than that provided by Microsoft and Google.

Comments, and no doubt abuse from some, welcome!

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Never was a fan of iTunes on Windows desktop.

but I'm still jealous of their mobile update model. It can't be beat when on a carrier locked phone.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I have iTunes on my Surface Pro running W10 and have no issues with it. I used to hear people complain about how hard it was to use iTunes, but I find it easy to navigate and use.

anon(5327127)

May 25, 2011
Visit site
It 'is' pants but what's even more pants is that, seemingly, Windows media player seems to be the exact same thing that it's always been. Not really a problem but I don't want it to die.

I run iTunes in a VM, on the odd occasion when I need it, as I don't want it to touch a live machine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077