Easiest way to transfer contacts from W10M to Android?

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm switching from an AT&T Lumia 950 to a Verizon Galaxy. Without stoning me to death can anyone enlighten me on the easiest way to transfer my contacts without having to individually enter each one? I know I can just transfer my photos from OneDrive to Google Drive (or keep them if Android has a OneDrive app) but I'd like to not spend an entire day manually transferring contacts.

cracgor

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Just a question:

How are your contacts stored on your phone? Meaning are they physically on your phone only or are they part of your outlook/email account?

travis_valkyrie

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Simple: merge existing contacts from SIM to outlook, then sign in to outlook on your Verizon Galaxy (or if you don't want to use outlook just export them from outlook as .vcf and import to gmail contacts).

cracgor

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
When you turn on your Galaxy, you will have the option to enter your Outlook account information. This will automatically sync your contacts onto the new phone.

Regarding the other contacts physically on your phone. They are typically stored in the SIM Card. I believe they are automatically updated to Outlook on Windows Phone, but I am not positive. My last windows phone is broken now, so I can't test this for you. If you want to be sure they transfer over though, you should be able to either take the SIM out of your 950 and put it in your Galaxy or have Verizon do it for you if you don't want to use the same SIM.

cracgor

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Simple: merge existing contacts from SIM to outlook, then sign in to outlook on your Verizon Galaxy (or if you don't want to use outlook just export them from outlook as .vcf and import to gmail contacts).

To create the .vcf:

Go to people.live.com (outlook contacts)
At the top, click Manage --> Export for other services

m_umair_85

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
Is there a way to do a 2-way-sync on android? I currently have W10 on Lumia 950, and planning to move to android so don't have the device yet, but still want to keep my contacts in hotmail as I can easily use in people's app on W10 and on my outlook. Any suggestions?

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
The easiest way to transfer contacts from W10M to Android is using Phone Transfer tool. With it, we can directly transfer cotnacts between them on computer via USB connecting cord. And we can also use Google account.

I just checked the Store for PC and Mobile and the Phone transfer tool is not found. Any suggestions on where to find the app and will it also work for IOS?

bobobo3

Mar 6, 2019
Visit site
There are some ways to transfer contacts from W10 to Android,you could refer to it.
1.Upload the contacts from computer to the cloud storage(Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, etc). And then download them from your Android phone.
2.Send them from W10 to Android via email.
3.Use application(ES File Explorer,MobiKin Assistant for Android,Filedrop App,etc) to manage contacts.
4.Move contacts via USB Cable.
5.Use Bluetooth.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss