How to silence phone EXCEPT for whitelisted contacts?

JuannyBooBoo

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,

How can I silence all calls on Windows 10 Mobile, EXCEPT for a select set of contacts that I choose?

I ask because I'm on call 24/7, but I still would like to get some good rest... My different Android phones in the past had varying support for this. I can't seem to locate any options on WinPho/Mo.

Thanks!!

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I hadn't noticed, but from iPhone days I have a ringtone in my list called "Silence" which is exactly what it says on the tin. I assigned it to contacts for spammers, again before I had the blocking feature.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Geez... I feel like a fool now.. Who would have thought that this kind of feature would be under Cortana? I was hunting through Settings.. Sigh...

Setup now. THANKS!!

Quiet Hours used to be standalone. But Cortana came along and they gave it to her. She is your personal assistant after all. She manages a lot of my things for me.

:cool:

JuannyBooBoo

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
Quiet Hours used to be standalone. But Cortana came along and they gave it to her. She is your personal assistant after all. She manages a lot of my things for me.

:cool:

:). Yes, it makes sense in hindsight. "Jeeves, please hold all my calls when I sleep, except for work and my parent's."

Not to tangent, but I wish Cortana could understand the simple spoken request, "What is the humidity level?" She shows the current weather card and says, "Right now, it's ___ degrees." Sigh. I think Google Now and/or Siri got that one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12