Wi-Fi shows Action Needed, Attention Required?

CONQUEST_CS koyo

May 1, 2016
Visit site
Wi-Fi shows "Action Needed", "Attention Required"

It says Tap to open in browser. So I do that. It opens a browser which goes to some Windows Phones page, which has a header called Finish connecting to WiFi. That's less than helpful since there's nothing on that page to let me finish connecting. This renders everything EXCEPT EDGE useless. I can only use Edge, which is how I'm making this post.

Any suggestions here?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: Wi-Fi shows "Action Needed", "Attention Required"

It says Tap to open in browser. So I do that. It opens a browser which goes to some Windows Phones page, which has a header called Finish connecting to WiFi. That's less than helpful since there's nothing on that page to let me finish connecting. This renders everything EXCEPT EDGE useless. I can only use Edge, which is how I'm making this post.

Any suggestions here?

this usually happens when you are using a wifi network that requires you to have credentials to use it, like a wifi in a hotel or airport. Are you using a public wifi?

Anix90s

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site

When you use a Wi-Fi network that needs to be logged in, you may see these messages like Attention required.

CONQUEST_CS koyo

May 1, 2016
Visit site

Its public, unpassworded wifi. There isn't a webpage to login or something like that. Its my school's wifi.

My android connects to it perfectly, would be wonderful if I got my Lumia working with it.

SammyD97

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site

Yeah I also get this at university but since I normally just wait for it. It connects automatically.

harihar akhil

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site

If you have advanced settings in wifi page then you can set static ip address.If you are desperate to have it unlock your boot loader, switch phone to Qualcomm mass storage mode, mount the phone registry to pc and change value of static ip in wifi key from 0 to 1.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss