Which build is more stable

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
In a nutshell:

10586 - more stable, consistent, bug fixes are all that are being made for it
14xxx - more features, more things are changing, under active development, things are broken

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I have spent many hours this weekend taking my 1520 and my wife's 830 (On the last bit now) back from 332 Redstone build to the production build of 10586.218 and that is where I am staying for some time (I am sure 242 will turn up in a couple of weeks).

I thought it was important to be on the insiders during the run up to 10, but wasn't too fussed about Redstone, I admit I made a mistake, I thought I had quit insiders but had forgot the phones and just done the PC's so I found us on the Redstone branch, it started out OK, but 14322 was an out and out disaster for both of us, Groove ceased to function even with a hard reset, many other issues cropped up, too many to mention.

Once my wife's 830 is finished (about another hour after I re-install apps etc.) we are staying off in the insiders for the foreseeable future.

1 I am happy to let you lot test it for me.

2 I am happy to wait for Redstone and will have something to look forwards to.

3 I fancy a bit of stability.

To answer your basic question, I agree with the above post, 242 is a pre-release upgrade to a production build, 332 is an upgrade on almost an alpha release of a development branch so much more out there.

If you go Redstone you cannot go back to production build without going back to 8.1 (Unless your phone was released with 10).

I have enjoyed Insiders, but it is pre-release software and do you need it? Redstone or what is now Anniversary update is only a couple of months away.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786