Almost a year on and Windows 10 is still causing problems, how can I roll back?

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Almost a year on and windows 10 is still causing problems

In simple words
Device Pendo pad 7 a tablet with touch one micro USB and hdmi port. vol +/- and power button.
tablet reset and windows 10 upgrade prompt led to an upgrade which I having been regretting from a week now.

MS "tech support" doesn't technically help and device manufacturer says you are not the first send it back if it is warranty and if not you are F*&(^#.

The tablet works fine on 8.1 but when I did the upgrade the touch stuffed up. you touch left of screen the trail shows right vertical scroll shows horizontal trail and vice versa. So in order to roll back the tablet needs you to be connected to mains but to operate the screen you need wireless mouse and keyboard and both of them need the same damn USB port at the same time. NOT GOING TO WORK.

HOW DO I ROLL BACK????

tried 3rd party back up to get windows.old to SD but hangs everytime.
tried cmd method takeown and xcopy doesn't work.
sd card doesn't open in windows.....damn memory overload as the HD is just a measly 16 GB which is almost full.
everything else either needs a power connection or USB port for install......
last I got was a media creation tool for 8.1 to get the install screen which is stuck at the lang area and stuff which I cant control as the USB is preoccupied with the USB install media and changing the USB device to mouse and keyboard will not work as the drivers are not loaded at that point.

What do I do?? It works fine with wireless mouse and keyboard but that defeats the purpose of having a freaking tablet.

When upgrade adviser says you are ready and you upgrade doesn't mean that you can roll back if you want to.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: Almost a year on and windows 10 is still causing problems

That's the damn manufacturers driver iussues because oem doesn't gave to MS updated signed drivers for W10. Always the old same story.

Reverting function is build in Start-> Settings -> Updates -> Restore -> Back to previous version

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site

That's the damn manufacturers driver iussues because oem doesn't gave to MS updated signed drivers for W10. Always the old same story.
Driver is fine I was told it is the MS side which is causing the issue apparently.
Reverting function is build in Start-> Settings -> Updates -> Restore -> Back to previous version
This is not an option as I mentioned. with windows.old there is not enough space on the tablet. Now there isn't a windows.old folder. I have a USB installer which works but in order to start it I need the touch to work as the USB port is occupied with the installer and I cant use the wireless mouse and keyboard. Is there anyway I can download the whole driver pack from MS again. I remember the driver version to be 10.0.10586.0 but now it is different.
I need the KMDF HID Minidriver for Touch I2C Device Driver

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site

MS update catalogue has all the driver updates from silead inc for this device but not in intel x64. They are either x86 or AMD64.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

MS update catalogue has all the driver updates from silead inc for this device but not in intel x64. They are either x86 or AMD64.

Did you tried the win8 version? many touch, keybs and mices uses old drivers. Look for them in OEM site, not MS site.

A emergency solution could be a cheap USB hub, so you can connect more than a usb device. It doesn't need installation or drivers

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site

Did you tried the win8 version? many touch, keybs and mices uses old drivers. Look for them in OEM site, not MS site.

A emergency solution could be a cheap USB hub, so you can connect more than a usb device. It doesn't need installation or drivers

OEM site. What site. they have only a contact number and as I said they are not that helpful as they are advising against W10 and also if device under warranty return it which I cant as the device isn't under warranty.

As far as the roll back is concerned I have already ordered a USB hub which has 2 OTG USB female and hdmi I think with one micro usb for the tablet end. hopefully I can use the USB media stick and the mouse on the other side. fingers crossed.
The last time I tried installing at the first screen to select language and location I connected the usn mouse but nothing happened. so I am bit sceptical.

edit: about the old drivers there is not much to download. cant find anything that would work. I found one driver for another tablet with the same device id which downloaded and installed successfully but not helping at all.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes