What has happened to Windows 10m?

cracgor

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
I am to blame for buying a Lumia 950XL and never running an insider preview software. The formal release of Windows 10 was in November. It was not listed as in beta on the box of the $700 phone.

The OS on new 950/950xl's is the first release of WM 10. I, personally did not have any major problems with mine. I did not use the insider program on mine. I only allowed the official Release versions to be installed,

The box would not have shown "Beta" on it. It, again, was an official release. Some bugs, problems; probably.

groady-ho baluzy

Feb 10, 2016
Visit site
I think people like to complain and MS and win10 is an easy bash.
I found win10 to be awesome. I had a nexus 6p, that thing had more problems than an old ford pinto. I had to get a refund on it. Google fixed it 3x in less than a month. IOS has it's share of problems and very little publicity for it.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Last edited:

curseoftheninja

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
take Groove for example. I listen to music every time and Groove has got to be the #1 in my list every day on the go. I can't believe how many times I had to restart my phone because Groove *ucked the whole system up. And oh, "did you accidentally pulled your headphone jack out and now you're trying to re-play the song? Let me just crash the *uck up and make your day worse" -Groove,

I had similar problems with Groove too. I would pull out the headphone by mistake, and then no headphone would work in our until a soft reset. Then ur spec recognizing certain headphone I had. Thus was frustrating because I listen to a lot of music.

The irony is that Groove on Android runs great! I use it as my media player and it works excellent on Android.

curseoftheninja

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I am to blame for buying a Lumia 950XL and never running an insider preview software. The formal release of Windows 10 was in November. It was not listed as in beta on the box of the $700 phone.

This is what infuriated me. I bought a 950 with the audacity to think that a new phone would work out of the box.

MS is taking advantage of its loyal fans so that we can be beta testers of their new hardware.

Ivan05il

May 3, 2013
Visit site
The irony is that Groove on Android runs great! I use it as my media player and it works excellent on Android.
Clearly MS is taking their time to develop and test the apps for other platforms properly. You wouldn't want a faux pas on other platforms. Their own platform is a different story. I think they had reassigned their developers to work for other platforms and had lacked resources for W10M ever since. Unless they reassigned the good developers to other platforms and leftovers were kept on Windows Mobile.

rromerof

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Question for you. Were any of the past updates you did based on Preview software. I think not. You share some of the blame for updating voluntarily to a known insider preview software. It and your experience with will get better with the formal release is made.

I'm talking about a Lumia 830, with official W10m. Answer: It's not insider, it is official, flickering screen, WiFi fails time to time, app crashes, I'm not going to Hard Reset this device for the Nth time. W10m SUCKS!!! Even with the last Firmware update...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I think people like to complain and MS and win10 is an easy bash.
I found win10 to be awesome. I had a nexus 6p, that thing had more problems than an old ford pinto. I had to get a refund on it. Google fixed it 3x in less than a month. IOS has it's share of problems and very little publicity for it.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
To be fair, I think how often issues are brought to the table (or should I say the public eye) are really dependent on how much these issues affect daily usage and what people do on their phones.

For me, iOS has been my daily driver for about 2 (almost 3) months now. For what I do on my phones, I haven't had any issues with it. It generally works well. Every once in a while, I have all of these apps open for a while and I have to "force refresh" my phone because that's the only way my apps actually work. I am not doing this on a weekly basis or even a biweekly basis. I think I have only had to do this three times.

With Android, it can be varied on different devices. I have tried 3 different phones and they all seemed to be slightly different in their own ways. I tried the 5x for a month and I had no issues with it. My only issue was really the battery life and some other Android related things.

On Windows 10 Mobile, you can run into things that affect your daily experience. In my recent weekend trip with W10M on the production build, it was mostly decent. In the end, it came down to the apps, aside with Cortana being disappointing on W10M in general. App quality and lack of apps.

Basically, I agree and disagree with you.

P1ng0fDeath

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
- Phone resetting about 3 times per week on average.
- Battery life is basically down to recharge twice every day
- The previously opened app is often gone from the "opened apps" window

I'm facing these problems too. And boy, Edge sucks so much battery... Still hoping for a fix, can't stand this for much longer. About speaker mode and audio recording, maybe your phone suffers from the infamous microphone issue?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster