365 on Laptop and PC Desktop - Will the Sync Outlook and OneDrive?

mattdodwell

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
Hi All,

I need some advise please. I am sorry if some of this doesn't make 100% sense I am trying to figure it all out.

I am looking at getting a PC Desktop after years of Macbook Laptops. I am running Office 365, Outlook, Onedrive, Word etc, on my Macbook Air and for the time being I will keep the Air as my portable device. I travel quite a bit.

What I want is a desktop to keep at home to work from when at home. I am thinking if I have too I will just buy and external monitor and connect the Air up to it, but I would prefer a PC desktop fixed at home if I can sync documents across the desktop to laptop without the need of coping etc.

What am trying to understand is can I make sure that anything I do on a desktop PC will automatically sync with the laptop when it updates. Mainly files I am working on and email via outlook.

I have an email address via a domain with 123-reg (imap). Want I don't want is to find that my emails download to my pc but then when I need my laptop they isn't a copy on it. Is it possible to have emails appear in both outlook on my laptop and desktop pc?

I also want to make sure my documents saved on my PC can be accessed on my laptop and vica versa. Is there a way for example to have a word document and update it on my PC desktop then access it when travelling with my laptop, then any adjustments saved on the laptop update on the PC?

Now I know if I keep everything in OneDrive and make the adjustments via the online tool it will work because I am just accessing the live document in the cloud each time. What I don't understand is if a copy of that Word Document can sit on my PC HD (in Onedrive folder app) and Laptop HD (in Onedrive folder app) and if I update any of the two copies, it will sync the update to the other machine?

Does this make sense? Sorry if it doesn't i'm very much a tech amature.

Cheers
Matt

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I have an email address via a domain with 123-reg (imap). Want I don't want is to find that my emails download to my pc but then when I need my laptop they isn't a copy on it. Is it possible to have emails appear in both outlook on my laptop and desktop pc?

I also want to make sure my documents saved on my PC can be accessed on my laptop and vica versa. Is there a way for example to have a word document and update it on my PC desktop then access it when travelling with my laptop, then any adjustments saved on the laptop update on the PC?

Now I know if I keep everything in OneDrive and make the adjustments via the online tool it will work because I am just accessing the live document in the cloud each time. What I don't understand is if a copy of that Word Document can sit on my PC HD (in Onedrive folder app) and Laptop HD (in Onedrive folder app) and if I update any of the two copies, it will sync the update to the other machine?

Does this make sense? Sorry if it doesn't i'm very much a tech amature.

Cheers
Matt

Since you've said you use outlook, you can access the same mails on your pc using outlook mail app as long as you have an active internet connection and your syncing time is short like every 5 minutes or so. So whatever action you do on your pc should reflect on your macbook after things have synced. You can also choose to use the website or the outlook program

For you access documents on both pc and laptop, your onedrive must be the same on both devices, meaning you must use the same log in for onedrive on both devices. So if you update the file on one machine, after syncing the changes should be reflected on the other machine.

So yes, your requirements will be met

btbam91

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Since you've said you use outlook, you can access the same mails on your pc using outlook mail app as long as you have an active internet connection and your syncing time is short like every 5 minutes or so. So whatever action you do on your pc should reflect on your macbook after things have synced. You can also choose to use the website or the outlook program

For you access documents on both pc and laptop, your onedrive must be the same on both devices, meaning you must use the same log in for onedrive on both devices. So if you update the file on one machine, after syncing the changes should be reflected on the other machine.

So yes, your requirements will be met

This is the correct answer.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05