Do the new builds/redstone have some of the legendary people hub functions back from 8.1?

Sep 24, 2015
Visit site
I'm thinking of picking up a used 930 to replace my 635 tomorrow.

I'd go for a new 950 if I could pin contacts and groups on the start screen and have the live tiles update to see if I've gotten any e-mail, texts, etc from that person without opening the specific apps. I hate opening the apps up only to see that I got new spam.

The last build I tried on my 635 had contact history, but none of the more useful features. I can't test further as support for my phone was dropped my Microsoft.

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm one build behind on the fast ring (14328), and my pinned contact tiles show when a message has been received by that person. I was actually surprised to see it because it hasn't been mentioned anywhere. That seems to be a highly requested feature, so you'd think it would be covered somewhere in the news. I don't get a lot of e-mails from my pinned contacts, but it definitely shows text messages.

Sep 24, 2015
Visit site
I'm one build behind on the fast ring (14328), and my pinned contact tiles show when a message has been received by that person. I was actually surprised to see it because it hasn't been mentioned anywhere. That seems to be a highly requested feature, so you'd think it would be covered somewhere in the news. I don't get a lot of e-mails from my pinned contacts, but it definitely shows text messages.
Great News and Thank You! Microsoft kind of hinted that it may make some kind of return the way they worded it in there deprecated features list. I've been watching the release notes and news for months to see if its back with no luck. I still may go with the 930 so I have the option to go back to 8.1.

Sep 24, 2015
Visit site
used icons are away cheaper, check your local bands and see if it works for you, it will have rs1 too
Wow, I just checked ebay and saw the fire sale prices for the icons. Unfortunately there are virtually no icons in Canada where I'm from and I don't care to buy used on ebay without seeing it first. A guy has one a 930 locally on kijiji for a fair price and as long as its not too scratched up and the mics work properly, i'll probably go for it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos