How do I reduce a system storage in Windows Phone 10?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

How to reduce system storage in windows phone 10?

I own a Lumia 640xl. My system storage has used 4.02 GB of 7.28 GB. I even have a micro sd card but still my phone memory goes on increasing.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: How to reduce system storage in windows phone 10?

Go to

Settings->System->Storage, tap on "this Device" and see what's taking up the storage space.

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
For me 'System and Reserved' is 3.04 GB and total phone storage excluding sd card is 4.34 GB out of 7.28 GB.I found Whatsapp to be one big reason ( I don't know if there are any other reasons).I have to uninstall and reinstall Whatsapp every 10 to 15 days on Windows 10 mobile.I find that it increases to 500 MB very fast then even more, though I keep on deleting chats and pictures.I do not back up chats either.This never happened when I was on Windows 8.1 .Deleting temporary files does not help me,only uninstalling and reinstalling Whatsapp helps.

kelvin dsouza

May 6, 2016
Visit site
For me 'System and Reserved' is 3.04 GB and total phone storage excluding sd card is 4.34 GB out of 7.28 GB.I found Whatsapp to be one big reason ( I don't know if there are any other reasons).I have to uninstall and reinstall Whatsapp every 10 to 15 days on Windows 10 mobile.I find that it increases to 500 MB very fast then even more, though I keep on deleting chats and pictures.I do not back up chats either.This never happened when I was on Windows 8.1 .Deleting temporary files does not help me,only uninstalling and reinstalling Whatsapp helps.
But any idea about reducing the "system and reservered" storage???

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
No,I don't think there is any way you can reduce system and reserved except through a hard reset .
BTW system and reserved just now is 3.05 MB .There has been an increase of 0.01 MB since my last post.

Edit : Sorry,3.05 GB,not MB.Mistake !

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss