Email sound notifications stopped working

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
So testing a 1520 with official W10M updated to 318 and a few days ago email notifications stopped working. New update didn't make any difference. I recall seeing this problem posted before and tried the solutions; checking email app settings as well as general notifications plus changing the setting to group notifications, nothing has fixed it. All other app and system notifications work ok. What other fixes can I try or is a hard reset the only known fix? Thanks.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Enabled notifications for each individual account listed under settings in the outlook app.

Last edited:

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Enabled as was using these before or just enabled?

Everything was enabled and working and actually I forgot to mention the moment it seemed to break was when I changed it from the default sound setting to something else, since then zip. Also on my 640 running redstone notifications work fine for email.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Everything was enabled and working and actually I forgot to mention the moment it seemed to break was when I changed it from the default sound setting to something else, since then zip. Also on my 640 running redstone notifications work fine for email.

I see, I presume you tried changing it back to the default sound?

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I see, I presume you tried changing it back to the default sound?

I think I sussed it, the individual setting must also have "show a notification banner" turned on for the sound to play, but banners still respect the settings in the main settings section so you can still disable them if you prefer. Cant believe they made it so the settings are duplicated this way. In any case, its working now, thanks for your assistance.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I think I sussed it, the individual setting must also have "show a notification banner" turned on for the sound to play, but banners still respect the settings in the main settings section so you can still disable them if you prefer. Cant believe they made it so the settings are duplicated this way. In any case, its working now, thanks for your assistance.

That is indeed a odd one, never the less good to know it's working now.

Will keep this work around in mind, most likely will come in handy in the future.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
That is indeed a odd one, never the less good to know it's working now.

Will keep this work around in mind, most likely will come in handy in the future.

I'll check my redstone 640 and compare how that is configured just to see, maybe its a bug under threshold that doesn't exist under Redstone

Update: my Redstone 640 did not have the same options checked and didn't play a notification when I tested it (even though I thought it did in the past) but did when I selected all options so I guess that mystery is solved but I also got an update to version 17.6965.40462.0 which removed the "group notifications in action center" option. So I guess in the end it works but not straight forward at all.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo