Split view in email when in landscape mode

NatKingColeslaw

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
I've been told this is something available already on large Windows phones. Is that true? I have a Galaxy Note 4, and I love this feature. My Lumia 640 does not have it. Anybody have a link to a picture (or better yet a video) showing this?

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Originally posted by NatKingColeslaw
Where is this setting located? I haven't been able to find it on my 640.

Under Settings->System->Display. It's a general size "slider". I run 250% on my 950XL, and get the split screen no problem, YMMV, obviously pixel density ratio is a factor, between phones, so 250% is not a fixed number for this work.

NatKingColeslaw

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
I can only go up to 225% on my 640, and no split view. I thought someone had said before this was screen size dependent?

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Originally posted by NatKingColeslaw
I can only go up to 225% on my 640, and no split view. I thought someone had said before this was screen size dependent?

By "up" do you mean you can't go to <225%?
Yep, it's screen-size dependent, I think the OS is monitoring this, so you can't set things for letters that are the size of the head of a pin, or similar;-]
I don't know the max density of the 640, although in order to get to a relative density that's the same as my 2560x1440, you'd have to go to around 125%. Obviously that wouldn't be practical on that screen, but I was hoping you could hit the threshold for the split-screen before a PPI issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786