Help find whatsapp backup file

Cat_erpillar

May 22, 2016
Visit site
Hello everyone,

some days ago both FB messenger and Whatsapp stopped to work. I tap on the app icon and nothing happened. Whatsapp was black screen responding. I uninstalled and then tried to re-install but error 0x80073d05 was displayed. I have some important messages about my work in whatsapp conversation. Soft reset didn't work. I have to hard reset but don' t want them to get lost. I've looked on the internet and it seems wa backup to be in hidden files. Is there any way i can access them and see wa backup?
Microsoft and wa support could not help me.. Hope someone of you experts can help me!

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone,

some days ago both FB messenger and Whatsapp stopped to work. I tap on the app icon and nothing happened. Whatsapp was black screen responding. I uninstalled and then tried to re-install but error 0x80073d05 was displayed. I have some important messages about my work in whatsapp conversation. Soft reset didn't work. I have to hard reset but don' t want them to get lost. I've looked on the internet and it seems wa backup to be in hidden files. Is there any way i can access them and see wa backup?
Microsoft and wa support could not help me.. Hope someone of you experts can help me!

In forums people say a reboot or a simple soft reset can fix the iussue, it's a temp error due to deleting running files.
Try it before hard reset
I bet your got a Lumia without a sd card, got you?
If not, backup is always in sd card. After hard reset (not selecting sd format), after reinstalling whatsapp you'll find all messages to last backup (it made it once a day)

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Yes it's without sd card it's a lumia 930..this is why i'm stuck..
already done reboot/ soft reset and it didn't work..

Ok, plug your pc to phone, in Phone opened windows on pc choose Options, Show hidden files (menu can vary according on your WIndows version on pc). Whatsapp files should be something like WAbackup in Whatsapp folder or elsewhere in Others

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
There is currently no way to backup Whatsapp files on a phone with no SD card on Windows Phone/Mobile. What you could do is try to install Whatsapp again and hope it finds your backup on the file system. Another way would be to interop unlock your device and get access to the hidden files. I wouldn't advice doing this though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte