Error code: 0x8007232B DNS Name does not exist?

jacob0143

May 26, 2016
Visit site
Error code: 0x8007232B DNS Name does not exist

Ok, so I am running VMware Workstation 12 Player and I've looked around on the web and found some Windows 10 .iso files. Installs great. I can choose any edition of Windows 10, whether it's Windows 10 Home, Pro, Enterprise, or Education. After I've installed everything, I go to the Settings > Updates & Security > Activation and click on Change Product Key. When I downloaded the .iso file, it also included a .txt file of product keys to use depending on the edition. And I have tested this when I successfully installed Windows 10 Pro or Education edition. So when I go to change product key, I copy and paste the 5 digit 5 block product key in. And when I do that, I get the error. Error code: 0x8007232B DNS Name does not exist. I'm not exactly sure what that error means. Can someone explain it to me? And I've already read this article: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929826 It doesn't say if it applies to Windows 10. I have also found websites to sell Windows 10 and Windows 7 product keys depending on the edition. So I would also like your opinion on that. I'd like to know if it's possible to just buy standalone product keys somewhere.

Edit: I've just learned from Wikipedia that if I buy the Retail version of Windows 10 Pro, I can upgrade to Education or Enterprise Edition. Sweet!

Last edited:

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: Error code: 0x8007232B DNS Name does not exist

Almost any version of Windows you buy online just gets you the product key. It's then sent to you via e-mail and includes a download link. You can purchase a license with a product key in many online stores, including MS':

Windows ? Microsoft Store

Downloading and installing an unverified OS ISO off a random web page is a terrible idea. The OS is the best place to embed malware. If done correctly it can't be detected by anti virus software.

Once you get a key, I'd strongly advise that you format your hard drive and reinstall W10 from the download link included in the e-mail.

Lastly, if the windows keys included in the text file are install-keys, they are legal. They just can't be used for activation. If they are activation-keys they are illegal and if they work at all, they won't work for long.

jacob0143

May 26, 2016
Visit site

Oh yes. I just checked the .txt file and it says it's for installing Windows only, not for activation. And why won't they work for long? Because they will get blacklisted by Microsoft?

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site

^ Yep. If they are install-keys then there is no problem. They will always work, just not for activation.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss