Why can't I delete the Cortana reminder in the Calendar app?

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Can't delete cortana reminder in Calendar app

I made a daily reminder on Cortana ( I can't remember if I made it on phone or pc).

When I was finished with the reminder I completed it. However, it seems to be haunting me as it shows up on my calendar on my surface pro and I can't do anything with it. It's just there

It does not show up on my phone's calendar which is is strange because they are the same. If I try to click on the event on the day, it opens Cortana but there is nothing there. It's just blank and black with the delete option, save option and complete option (if I press the three dots) But there is no name to identify the reminder.

If I go in Cortana and click reminders. It does not show. If I check reminders history it does not show either
Hovering on the reminder in the calendar brings up "edit series and edit occurrence" . Both are uselss

I tried uninstalling the mail and calendar app and reinstalling but that also proved futile.

Any suggestions? It's pretty annoying seeing it there. One option is to deselect the reminders calendar on my surface but then I won't see any reminders at all.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Can't delete cortana reminder in Calendar app

Well fixed it. Since the reminder was showing only on my surface, I figured it was a cache problem.

Uninstalled the calendar app and cleaned out AppData\Local\Comms

reinstalled and problem solved.

Trixter Who

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
I'm having a similar issue. Did you delete everything in the Comms folder?

Also, did you just select this item/these items from the folder and delete them or is another process involved?

Last edited:

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm having a similar issue. Did you delete everything in the Comms folder?

Also, did you just select this item/these items from the folder and delete them or is another process involved?

Uninstall Calendar app
Delete items from folder
Reinstall calendar app

That was all I did.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babukapyar