Can I get Continuum in portrait mode?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

continuum portrait mode

can you rotate the monitor into portrait mode while connected to a 950 xl through the display dock on continuum.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: continuum portrait mode

can you rotate the monitor into portrait mode while connected to a 950 xl through the display dock on continuum.

I don't think that would work since the screen wouldn't have an internal gyroscope for rotating the screen

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Andraz Podjaversek

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
The phone has the gyroscope! You should be able to turn the phone into portrait mode sine 99% of displays are in portrait mode.

It is landscape oriented screens that you are talking about .. Basicaly in the consumers world, most screens like Tv and pc screens(where you get most of use for continuum) are landscape oriented except for phones and smaller tablets,

So to answer the OP question : I am afraid you CAN'T have continuum in portrait mode, buy you could always do screen mirroring and there is what you are searching for.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077