FB messenger & FB app not communicating with each other

avengerxp

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
I recently wanted to show a video which I recieved via FB chat to a friend, using my mobile. I opened the messenger app and got to the chat, clicked on the facebook video link ( it was a video shared on facebook), it opened on edge browser instaed of opening on the installed & logged in FB app. so I had to sign in to facebook via edge too. Can you guys check if this is the same with you?

Lumia 640 - W10 - 10586.318

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I recently wanted to show a video which I recieved via FB chat to a friend, using my mobile. I opened the messenger app and got to the chat, clicked on the facebook video link ( it was a video shared on facebook), it opened on edge browser instaed of opening on the installed & logged in FB app. so I had to sign in to facebook via edge too. Can you guys check if this is the same with you?

Lumia 640 - W10 - 10586.318

I think that'styhe default behaviur for most links. But I have read that this is changing in the redstone builds

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
That's how it's always worked. Links don't open in apps yet. That's supposed to come with the anniversary update

Sent from mTalk

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
the only "connection" working is when you're on the fb app and do something that requires messenger, then it will open messenger with the appropriate action ready to launch, so far I don't see it working the other way around other than clicking someone's timeline from messenger, then it opens it using fb app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon