Viber 6.0 live tile notification problem

epsilon

Feb 13, 2016
Visit site
Hi everyone,

since the upgrade of Viber in version 6.0, I have the following problem. When i read a message received by clicking the notification banner, the live tile notification still shows that there's an unread message even if there isn't any. Also i noticed that the same issue happens if i am on a conversation (ie receiving a message while inside the application).
When a new message is received and opened from the home screen live tile, it then updates and clears the notification. The problem is always reproducible.

I've already tried reinstalling the app without any luck.

I've searched the internet and WC for relevant posts without any luck. Is anyone else experiencing the same problem?
Regards

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
According to my analysis, it's an OS issue. Not only Viber but many other apps such as Outlook Mail, Messenger (beta), Twitter (UWP), etc. also have this issue. Particularly, those live tiles which use the black bubble (plain) count for unread events, tend to have this issue. Whereas those live tiles which use the big numbered count, like Messaging, WhatsApp, Messenger (WP8), etc. don't have this issue.

Of course there may be some other issue but as per my experience the above reason seems best.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
According to my analysis, it's an OS issue. Not only Viber but many other apps such as Outlook Mail, Messenger (beta), Twitter (UWP), etc. also have this issue. Particularly, those live tiles which use the black bubble (plain) count for unread events, tend to have this issue. Whereas those live tiles which use the big numbered count, like Messaging, WhatsApp, Messenger (WP8), etc. don't have this issue.

Of course there may be some other issue but as per my experience the above reason seems best.

All tiles in W10 got big number. Little number are only for single notifcation (e.g. single friends in Whatsapp)
Little number means app loading error (on slow phones, during boot you could see notification changin from little to big numbers when home screen boot is in progress)

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
All tiles in W10 got big number. Little number are only for single notifcation (e.g. single friends in Whatsapp)
Little number means app loading error (on slow phones, during boot you could see notification changin from little to big numbers when home screen boot is in progress)
I was talking about this:-
1.jpg <--- this kind of (plain count) live tile doesn't update even after opening the app and is currently broken.
2.jpg <--- and this kind of (big numbered) live tile works smoothly.

The plain count badge for live tiles was mass implemented by MSFT in W10M while the big numbered are a legacy of WP8. The plain count badge is still broken and needs to be fixed within the OS itself. Hence, it's an OS issue and not an app issue. But if Viber's live tile does not use the plain black bubble count then it might be the app's issue and if it is then it can be only fixed by the developer.

Last edited:

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
The plain count badge for live tiles was mass implemented by MSFT in W10M while the big numbered are a legacy of WP8. The plain count badge is still broken and needs to be fixed within the OS itself. Hence, it's an OS issue and not an app issue. But if Viber's live tile does not use the plain black bubble count then it might be the app's issue and if it is then it can be only fixed by the developer.

I was talking of it too.
The "default" little number is a low-level system notify routed by o.s. to the app script., there was in broken tiles in 8.1 too. (I remember Messages sometimes)
Then app script re-route it in its live tile according to o.s. standard graphics.

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Contact Viber through their support ticket system. They are great. Let them know your issues and they will log everything

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium