Windows 10 on Nokia Lumia 925

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I want to update my brothers phone to windows 10 on his 925. He loves that phone and swears on it because it never broke in 2 years so many times dropping it even on his bike riding.

Just wondering how it windows 10 mobile on the 925. Don't want to update his phone and he has issues.

How are others finding 10 on the gorgeous 925?

Thx

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I tried an older version (.163 I believe) on mine.
Went back to 8.1 so I could continue using the phone in a reliable manner.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
From what I understand, it's not the best experience, but it's good. Your call, however, if you want to pull the trigger. Personally, I'd go for it. It's still Windows 10, which is way more better than 8.1, and I can try to ignore the minor disturbances.

TrickyDee42

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Been running WM10 on 925 for months, with very few problems.

All runs a bit slower than wife's 640, but all in all pretty good.

Cant think of any issues to be honest.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
its very likely that he loves that phone in part thanks to wp8.1 being what it is, w10m is not a linear evolution, that's why they don't call it windows phone 10, but if he doesn't mind the hassle of going back to 8.1 in case it goes kaput, then by all means upgrade it, it'll be a great refreshing change, and you're probably running out of time as a redstone build on release preview seems close now

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I guess I will upgrade his phone he's happy with it with 8.1 hesnot technology experience so doesn't really understand but want him to get on the greatest and latest.

Just a question should I get the upgrade advisor or insider preview app and install the release preview update?

Thanks for everyone taking their time to reply to my post.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

mark233

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm pretty sure you'll have to go the Insider/release preview route as MS has said that the 925 model is not on their radar for getting Win10 mobile. I don't think it can be downloaded via the Upgrade Advisor....Maybe at one time you could but I *think* it was pulled. I could be wrong but still if it were me I'd go with Insider preview (NOT fast or slow).

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I guess I will upgrade his phone he's happy with it with 8.1 hesnot technology experience so doesn't really understand but want him to get on the greatest and latest.

Just a question should I get the upgrade advisor or insider preview app and install the release preview update?

Thanks for everyone taking their time to reply to my post.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

only insiders app and choosing release preview ring will work

Gomsii

Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Hi Can some help me with th esteps to upgrade my Lumia 925 to Windows 10.

Note : With upgrade Advisor I am unable to do it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium