Why are my email and text notification not working after upgrading to Windows 10?

NJK Clarke

Jun 10, 2016
Visit site
Since upgrading my Lumia 640 I no longer get notification when receiving emails or text messages and the ring tone is erratic even when the volume is set to 10. When I'm logged into the desktop I can see how many emails and texts have arrived but I don't get any audible notification to alert me of their arrival.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Since upgrading my Lumia 640 I no longer get notification when receiving emails or text messages and the ring tone is erratic even when the volume is set to 10. When I'm logged into the desktop I can see how many emails and texts have arrived but I don't get any audible notification to alert me of their arrival.

go to the mail app, settings and check that notifications are enabled for your mails
Also check in settings > system > notifications to see if mail app has notifications enabled

DavidVGH

Jun 13, 2016
Visit site
I Have issues too on windows 10 mobile running on a Lumia640.
I'm running build 10.0.14342.1004

At first all notification were working fine, but starting friday, only receiving notification for Txt messeges and Emails,
Twitter, whatsapp, facebook, updates, etc....
None are working atm?

Is this due to a recent update?
All settings are set that they are giving notification, banner, sound and vibrations

Please advice.

Thx

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I Have issues too on windows 10 mobile running on a Lumia640.
I'm running build 10.0.14342.1004

At first all notification were working fine, but starting friday, only receiving notification for Txt messeges and Emails,
Twitter, whatsapp, facebook, updates, etc....
None are working atm?

Is this due to a recent update?
All settings are set that they are giving notification, banner, sound and vibrations

Please advice.

Thx

Try a soft reset (vol down + power 15 secs). Post in Insider forum

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos