Cannot opt out from Windows Insider Program?

ErwinLee

Jun 13, 2016
Visit site
Cannot opt out from Windows Insider Program

Help me,

I have a Nokia Lumia 720 and have installed Windows 10 on it. I experienced random hang on my device. I want to opt out from WIP and have Windows 8.1 installed.

I have followed the instructions to opt out from WIP using Windows Device Recovery Tools. WDRT detects my phone and gives me option to reinstall Windows 10. I am not seeing Windows 8.1 as option.

Please help me. I want my old device back. This Windows 10 is horrible.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: Cannot opt out from Windows Insider Program

Help me,

I have a Nokia Lumia 720 and have installed Windows 10 on it. I experienced random hang on my device. I want to opt out from WIP and have Windows 8.1 installed.

I have followed the instructions to opt out from WIP using Windows Device Recovery Tools. WDRT detects my phone and gives me option to reinstall Windows 10. I am not seeing Windows 8.1 as option.

Please help me. I want my old device back. This Windows 10 is horrible.

Are you sure? Check again. WDRT can only download original factory build. Did you see that on video instruction? Or you found only hard reset option?
Is WDRT detecting correct model? Only 550, 650 and 950 gives 10 by factory
Post a screen

VigneshB

Jun 5, 2016
Visit site

Use the My phone was not detected option and follow the on screen instructions.
It's funny since WDRT gives the original factory image(8.1) for those phones which were updated to 10 and 10 to only those which came with it by default.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

Use the My phone was not detected option and follow the on screen instructions.
It's funny since WDRT gives the original factory image(8.1) for those phones which were updated to 10 and 10 to only those which came with it by default.

Are you sure? Just checked with my 650 and spare 520, gives correct versions

ErwinLee

Jun 13, 2016
Visit site
Capture.JPG
wp_ss_20160614_0001.png

Hi Maurizio,

Here is the screenshot of WDRT on my PC. And here is the screenshot of my phone's info.
I already tried to use WDRT but it said I already have the latest software and asked do I wanna reinstall or not.
If I choose reinstall, WDRT will install Windows 10 again (I have tried this also). I'm confused. How do I rollback to Windows 8.1?

Help...

ErwinLee

Jun 13, 2016
Visit site
It's no luck, I can't downgrade to WP 8.1.

I have to live with this phone without instant messaging. I found out that if I remove whatsapp, it no longer randomly hang.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo