W10M Official 10586.420 Discussion (Threshold Branch, Inactive)

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Using 420 for couple of days now, similar performance to the last one. Battery still the same, I think auto brightness bug has gone now(lumia 730)!. When will we see extra features?

These are final features, no more new features. For new one, join 14xxx.

Anniversary Update (Redstone 1) is getting close to RTM.... New features will be coming soon. To get a stable sneak preview use Insider Release Ring and wait for Redstone to hit that Ring. Redstone Official should be pushed OTA this summer. The Anniversary is July 29 so that may be a target date...

FirstWatt

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
Daughter with 640 DS still has intermittent issues, eg. with Photo Gallery: She selects a picture to open it, but phone goes and closes the gallery. Soft reset helps, but eventually the issue reappears. Also other apps like 6tag or WhatsApp show such behaviour, albeit less frequently.

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Daughter with 640 DS still has intermittent issues, eg. with Photo Gallery: She selects a picture to open it, but phone goes and closes the gallery. Soft reset helps, but eventually the issue reappears. Also other apps like 6tag or WhatsApp show such behaviour, albeit less frequently.

Yeah, I see this with a couple of apps, my 4gMark speed test one, for example. I sometimes find if I just re-launch it a couple of times it works though, without having to reboot.
I send reports, hoping these are getting looked at, it'd be good if the big update had a bunch of these stability issues rolled-in, obviously...

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: W10M Official 10586.420 Issues (Threshold Branch, Production Ring/Official)

come on, you gotta have WIFI somewhere... This is 2016 here!

depends on country and city- 2 years back my home city had wifi in 2 public coffee houses only. Only other place to get wifi was in colleges or your friend's home

Halfempty_dg

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
The good (so far):
-Battery life is MUCH better. I was getting only half a day on the last build

Broken:
-Time zone doesn't automatically change any more
-Location not recognized in EDGE. If I search for "Starbucks near me", it shows me the location I was the previous week. Need to clear the cache for it to pick my current location. Funny thing is if I search for the same thing in Cortana the location is correct

FirstWatt

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, I see this with a couple of apps, my 4gMark speed test one, for example. I sometimes find if I just re-launch it a couple of times it works though, without having to reboot.
I send reports, hoping these are getting looked at, it'd be good if the big update had a bunch of these stability issues rolled-in, obviously...
Thanks. I should have her to send reports too...tough job to convice her. She is quite pissed when it happens, but still prefers Windows Mobile to Android and iPhone.

Rubidad

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site

Discovered another issue today:
I am unable to move any apps from the device to my micro sd card. The option to do so appears, but when I choose the sd card and it highlights, nothing else happens. I would expect an "apply" button to appear...Am I missing something?..
I am using Insider preview 420 on an unlocked L640. Does anyone else have this problem?
Here's a screenshot

pic.jpg

EDIT: Able to fix this issue. If the slider that adjusts size of text, apps and items in the Display setting is greater than 200%, then the last "MOVE" box cannot be seen after choosing where to move the app!!!

Last edited:

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Two issues recently:

Audio playback will stop sometimes just out of the blue

Cortana still has glitches. If I ask to set a reminder I get web search results, but if I hit enter on the text she just transcribed on the search box, it sets a reminder. Huh?

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Data is not turning on frequently in this build,I have to restart /soft reset my phone to get it turned on.I use wi fi while at home and use data only when outside.So it is quite problematic if I suddenly need to connect through data.This never happened before ,whether on 8.1 or earlier builds of W10 (non insider).I am mentioning it here since it is occurring repeatedly.
Is anybody else having this problem ?

terryw64

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
I have had similar issues in other builds. But it seems to be worse. When downloading music from Onedrive, purchased music, etc.. If I get too many songs queued for download, it seems to bottleneck. Honestly, I've had the bottlenecking issue with downloading updates from the store as well. For the store, I've turned auto-updating if wi-fi is on and manually select 3 or 4 updates to download at a time. For music, I dare not try to queue more than one album, even then it seems to be slow, trying to download 10 to 12 songs at a time.

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site

Discovered another issue today:
I am unable to move any apps from the device to my micro sd card. The option to do so appears, but when I choose the sd card and it highlights, nothing else happens. I would expect an "apply" button to appear...Am I missing something?..
I am using Insider preview 420 on an unlocked L640. Does anyone else have this problem?
Here's a screenshot

View attachment 127674

Weird, here's my view, also on 420:
wp_ss_20160620_0001[1].jpg
After that, I get another popup dialog, when I click on "Move", where I select the destination "SD Card" and then click on a final "Move" button, which then moves the app.
For some reason though, it won't screenshot that last view. I've done it several times now, and it makes the "shutter sound", but never actually saves a screenshot of that view.

Ashraf207

Jun 18, 2016
Visit site
moving them from one storage location to another usually did the trick
Thanks mate for the suggestion but it didn't work. I had to downgrade to 8.1 and updated the gesture and touch then upgraded to 10 and again updated to .420. Now everything runs smoothly and I think the battery performance has improved a little.

DeviDarkL

Jun 19, 2016
Visit site
I'm experiencing random screen freezing while returning to start screen from an app. It only happens once or twice a day but it's frustrating. I have to soft reset my phone every time it happens.

mark233

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
On my RM-985 Nokia 830 --- this .420 build has been the best so far for this device. I've actually gone about a week now using it and I'm still happy with the smoothness and responsiveness. Maps is working better. Battery life for my usage is now on par with with 8.1. No discernible hiccups that pop up and make me want to go back to 8.1. :)

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
can i ask a question the official build 10586.420 is available to lumia 730??

If your phone is on the eligible list and not waiting for carrier approval (branded phones) use Upgrade Advisor to get the Official release (RTM).

If you use Insider on the Release Ring, the same version is fetched as the recent public Upgrade received by these phones (10.0.10586.xxx): Phones Eligible for Windows 10 Mobile Official.

If your phone is not on the supported list, then 10586.xxx (Threshold) is the end of the line. You may as well use Insider and select Production to un-enroll your phone from Insider, but at least you have W10M. WaaS (Windows as a Service) will deliver future updates within Threshold to you without any Insider access required.

If your phone is on the eligible list and you go Insider and stay on the Release ring you get the next public version early as Release ring in effect is the RTM. This will deliver the most stable Redstone builds to you earlier than OTA push with minimal risk.

Check out this thread: Windows Insider Testing and You [Recommended Guidelines]

For right now, Windows Device Recovery Tool is only flashing 8.1 to models that did not launch with 10 so it is the way to revert if you don't care for W10M: Windows Device Recovery Tool FAQ

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

asarekena

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
I think this build it's working fine for me. It makes me not wanting to go back to the fast ring Redstone builds again. The only feature am missing is the 3G or 4G only feature but will still hold on to this build.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05