What are you guys using to block ads in Edge? Or maybe you guys just don't use Edge? I have no idea how ad heavy this site is until trying Edge.
    06-14-2016 09:42 PM
    I'm waiting for add-on support for Edge to try it again but I'll probably stick with Firefox for now; fits in better across my devices.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-14-2016 11:29 PM
    Some of us are using the hosts file to block, have a look at this thread.

Works for me and makes this site in particular workable:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/edg...heres-why.html
    06-15-2016 03:52 AM
    Some of us are using the hosts file to block, have a look at this thread.

Works for me and makes this site in particular workable:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/edg...heres-why.html
    Does fiddling with host files also block ads in the news app?

Speaking of that app, it is most annoying on the phone, but I gather adblock won't help there.

I like the idea of edge and the drawing on webpages and then email a photo of it is nice. But with no adblock, I don't like using it. I absolutely hate ads. Crossing fingers that adblock will also be available for the phone.
    06-15-2016 04:35 AM
    Does fiddling with host files also block ads in the news app?

Speaking of that app, it is most annoying on the phone, but I gather adblock won't help there.

I like the idea of edge and the drawing on webpages and then email a photo of it is nice. But with no adblock, I don't like using it. I absolutely hate ads. Crossing fingers that adblock will also be available for the phone.
    It looks like AdBlock Plus is available for the Insider builds. AdBlock Plus slows down Internet Explorer, so hopefully they do a better job on Edge.
    06-15-2016 02:11 PM
    It looks like AdBlock Plus is available for the Insider builds. AdBlock Plus slows down Internet Explorer, so hopefully they do a better job on Edge.
    Argh! We can't win, can we?

I'm on production, not on insider, so I will have to wait. I have now tried the host-file extension, and it does look like it blocks ads in the news app too. However, unlike adblock, it doesn't reflow the page, so you get huge blocks of nothing. I guess though, that that is the route I will go if it slows down edge (too) much. Or I'll just stick with FF with ABP.

I reverted back to the original host file after about fifteen minutes because the huge holes was almost as off-putting as the adverts, and the host file hack doesn't really allows you to "tag" adverts that went through as adverts (i.e. like you can do in Adblock Plus).
    06-15-2016 02:32 PM
    Been using Adguard for 6 months. Works really well, give it a try !
    Last edited by neophat; 06-16-2016 at 02:27 AM.
    06-16-2016 02:17 AM
    Been using Adguard for 6 months. Works really well, give it a try !
    That is interesting - espcially considering all the ads everywhere in MS apps etc.
    06-16-2016 04:56 AM
    I use HostsMan. It blocks at the system level so ads in apps are gone as well.

HostsMan - abelhadigital.com
    06-16-2016 01:27 PM
    Adguard looks interesting. I think that I'll stick with Chrome with uBlock.
    06-16-2016 05:12 PM