how to add favourite places on maps app - W10 mobile - 10586.420

avengerxp

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
I have no idea how to add places on my maps apps anymore... before it was tap on the location pointer and then you could add it to favourites. not the bloody tapping brings a new slider with places etc and no where to add to favourites?? WTF. If I click n hold it asks to drop a pin, still I cannot name it!!

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Long press your future favourite
under streetside view, you'll have 4 icons : pin, share, print and... star. Click on star on add that place or POI as a favourite.

BTW, what is your version of Maps (settings, bottom of the page)? 4.XXX or 5.XXX ?

avengerxp

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
OK got it. even if it is the exact location I'm in, I have to long hold n drop a pin to add the place to my favourites. it was easier before if I was to add my current location as a favourite. Things are getting complicated on the map front.

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
I have no idea how to add places on my maps apps anymore... before it was tap on the location pointer and then you could add it to favourites. not the bloody tapping brings a new slider with places etc and no where to add to favourites?? WTF. If I click n hold it asks to drop a pin, still I cannot name it!!

I can drop pins but i cannot save to my favorite...there's no add button. Please help.

Pin a place.

Drag the bottom bar and click on save-
https://s9.postimg.org/n45j8ccnj/Maps.jpg

Last edited:

Chris Howarth K2

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
It doesn't work with current location. Long press or short press on my current location and it just gives me the address and no save button.
So I have to drop a pin somewhere else (can't drop one on the same location) then save from there. This really is rubbish ergonomics. Saving current location as a favourite really, really should be simple.

boky69

Sep 7, 2016
Visit site
It doesn't work with current location. Long press or short press on my current location and it just gives me the address and no save button.
So I have to drop a pin somewhere else (can't drop one on the same location) then save from there. This really is rubbish ergonomics. Saving current location as a favourite really, really should be simple.
Pin place,pull up menu,and vou see share option

daimv

May 21, 2015
Visit site
Apparently you can't directly save the current location indeed. What I do is zoom really close and then add a pin right next to the icon so it is practically the same place.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720