Is it possible to have onscreen buttons on Nokia Lumia 830

pankajupadhyay05

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
My Nokia Lumia 830 capacitive are almost broken. They just don't until the whole screen is tapped hard for couple or more times. I was wondering if it's possible to get onscreen keys enabled for my phone. The display replacement is too expensive and that too without any warranty so getting the onscreen buttons is the only viable solution.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
My Nokia Lumia 830 capacitive are almost broken. They just don't until the whole screen is tapped hard for couple or more times. I was wondering if it's possible to get onscreen keys enabled for my phone. The display replacement is too expensive and that too without any warranty so getting the onscreen buttons is the only viable solution.

I fear not

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Can't be done as of now. Maybe if some fancy hacking and system editing tools appear and work with the 830, but I'm not confident.

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Actually long time ago here on WC it was reported that some editing in registry allowed to have on screen buttons and some other fancy stuff. As always there was a warning : We take no responsibility for bricking your device. Google/Bing it

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
nope, and before you ask ms, this is 99% what they could reply: not enough users asking for this feature

Something something throw it in feedback.

Honestly, if I were making a mobile OS, the option would pretty far down the list of priorities. I've only seen it in CyanogenMod, which is basically the kitchen sink of toggles for everything. I don't usually have the "users with perfectly functional phones that have broken touch on the bottom edge corresponding to the capacitive buttons" demographic in mind.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Something something throw it in feedback.

Honestly, if I were making a mobile OS, the option would pretty far down the list of priorities. I've only seen it in CyanogenMod, which is basically the kitchen sink of toggles for everything. I don't usually have the "users with perfectly functional phones that have broken touch on the bottom edge corresponding to the capacitive buttons" demographic in mind.

you're completely right, but for this particular matter we can all agree that enabling the toggle for virtual navigation buttons to ALL phones, its just a click away from Sarkar's team, heck I'm willing to believe you could possible regedit your phone to show that option

pankajupadhyay05

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
Why is warranty repair not an option?

Actually the authorized service center personal said whole frame and display come combined and will need to replaced costing INR 16,000 which equates to around 240 USD which is insane to say the least. even a new nokia lumia 830 might be bought online i guess....Then i went to a local repair center and he said the display will cost INR 6000 = 90$, but will come without any warranty. So in case something happens, i need to spend same amount again. I have read many places that people who got their display changed for whatever reason had issues with capacitive keys so its not worth taking the risk. Also one can get a cheap android with decent specs at 100 $ so repairing is almost out of the window. Using Windows phone from long and just don't want to leave it. Used 710, 720 and now 830. Hope Microsoft could do something for me

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon