How big will the anniversary update wil be?

ZoneofJhay

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
In terms of file size? I'm rocking a Windows 10 tablet on the latest production build and its currently eating 14.4gb out of the 32gb internal storage of my tablet. I'm just wondering how much will the update add on the current size of Windows. I know it will be hard to guess but maybe just tell me the current size of the Insider version so I can set my expectations and move files before the update roll.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
In terms of file size? I'm rocking a Windows 10 tablet on the latest production build and its currently eating 14.4gb out of the 32gb internal storage of my tablet. I'm just wondering how much will the update add on the current size of Windows. I know it will be hard to guess but maybe just tell me the current size of the Insider version so I can set my expectations and move files before the update roll.

3GB might be the median value

have you tried disk cleanup to clear space?

ZoneofJhay

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
So it will balloon roughly around 18gb? Hope it doesn't go over 19gb.

I do disk cleanup regularly at least twice a week. I'll just move my media files in my sd card its what taking most of the size of my internal storage.

If only I can move office 365 into my sd card that will be another 1gb of free space.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
So it will balloon roughly around 18gb? Hope it doesn't go over 19gb.

I do disk cleanup regularly at least twice a week. I'll just move my media files in my sd card its what taking most of the size of my internal storage.

If only I can move office 365 into my sd card that will be another 1gb of free space.

3GB can be the download for the update. after installing and doing a cleanup, it would more likely increase your storage used by the OS by half a GB or so. Updates generally replace older files so the increase in space isn't so much

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05