Can't do a clean install

indospot

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone. Here's the situation.

FOr a long time, I've been using Rufus to create bootable drives with this or that build of Windows 10. It's always worked on my old laptop, which has an MBR partition scheme. Recently I bought a new laptop, which uses GPT for the partition scheme. Rufus gives me the option to properly format the flash drive with the desired partition scheme. So, for my new laptop, I chose GPT. But now, I'm trying to format the old laptop again and it won't work. I've formatted the drive time after time with all schemes and it won't work. I have no idea what it could be.

Does anyone know?

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone. Here's the situation.

FOr a long time, I've been using Rufus to create bootable drives with this or that build of Windows 10. It's always worked on my old laptop, which has an MBR partition scheme. Recently I bought a new laptop, which uses GPT for the partition scheme. Rufus gives me the option to properly format the flash drive with the desired partition scheme. So, for my new laptop, I chose GPT. But now, I'm trying to format the old laptop again and it won't work. I've formatted the drive time after time with all schemes and it won't work. I have no idea what it could be.

Does anyone know?

Did you try this?

Windows 10

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo