How do I automatically bypass Windows 10 login screen?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

How to autotically bypass Windows 10 login screen

I am the only user on my PC. Very annoying to have to enter my password every time I turn it on!

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: How to autotically bypass Windows 10 login screen

In the search box on taskbar type "run" and choose the Run desktop app result

Type "control userpasswords2" > click "OK"

In the User Accounts settings panel select your admin account (highlight by clicking it) and uncheck "user must enter a password..."

Your computer is now unsecured and anyone may access all your data by simply turning the machine on. Note that they can access files and also passwords saved in Control Panel > Credential Manager or in your Browser. This is not a recommended practice.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site

If you are using a local user account, just remove the password. If you are using a Microsoft account, then turn it into a local user account with no password.

Great Bear

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site

First I would set up Windows Hello, but if your PC doesn't have that I would set a PIN. Both are much quicker and easier than entering a password. This should be under Sign In Options in Accounts in Settings. You can also set how much time had to pass before your PC requires you to sign again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro