Fresh Reset vs Restore

cpyne

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
If you decide to reset your phone, is there any benefit to a fresh install vs restoring from a backup? Do backups have the potential to restore problems along with them or are they essentially just a list of apps and settings that need to be applied to fresh OS install?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
If you decide to reset your phone, is there any benefit to a fresh install vs restoring from a backup? Do backups have the potential to restore problems along with them or are they essentially just a list of apps and settings that need to be applied to fresh OS install?

restoring from backup will automatically download your apps and install them as opposed to you searching and installing them manually
Second it will restore your start screen layout instead of you doing it manually
It might restore app data for certain apps but this depends on the app - whatsapp is not included
It will restore some, if not all, of your settings

ananve

May 22, 2016
Visit site
I'm about to update my mum in law's L535 to W10M. And i think it would be a pain for her to start everything again from scratch, especially chat history and can't crush saved data.
My experience is a rest after upgrade provide better w10m experience.
Any of you can tell difference between reset then restore, and reset then no restore. Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon