How do I prevent my mouse from waking my Surface Pro 3?

LarsCor

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I have a Surface Pro 3 and a Logitech T630 bluetooth mouse. Before that, I used a Microsoft Wedge Mouse, with basically the same problem: As soon as I even touch the mouse, it wakes my Surface. And since the power button for both the Logitech as the Microsoft mouse is on the bottom, it's impossible to turn it of without waking my Surface.

Normally, you should be able to disable this in the device managament, properties of the device, etc., but with both the logitech and the microsoft mouse, this tick box is not available. Is there any other way? Disabeling bluetooth completely while in sleep would also be an option, but cannot seem to find that either.

LarsCor

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
That would be a solution of course, but always having to turn my mouse on and off is a bit of a hassle. So I was hoping for a way that makes more sense...

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
LOL... Everyone has their own preferences of course.

I don't have this issue as I prefer to turn my mouse off to conserve battery. *shrug*

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Try listing the devices by connection in the device manager. Do any of the parent devices offer the option to prevent wake up?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon