Getting a second phone - should I create a new account?

bdchambers79

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
My main phone is running the Insider preview builds, so it's not exactly stable. I'll soon be picking up a second device specifically for work; as I need something reliable, rather than fancy, I was thinking a low-end phone like the 735. My question is, should I create a second Microsoft account to run the phone on? Or will it be fine using the same account that my main phone uses? What kinds of issues could I run into with multiple phones using the same account?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
1. Don't need another account

2. Yes it'll be fine!

3. There are no issues. Unless you think syncing text messages between them is a bad thing.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
You don't need a second account, I would go even further and SUGGEST you use the same acc on as many devices you own.

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
What do you mean "not exactly stable"? This is likely one or two updates from public release and Redstone is BY FAR the best build for mobile 10. Get another phone, but it sounds like you are having issues with the platform beyond Redstone. There isn't a platform that doesn't have apps that crash. Or glitches that require a reboot.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
What do you mean "not exactly stable"? This is likely one or two updates from public release and Redstone is BY FAR the best build for mobile 10. Get another phone, but it sounds like you are having issues with the platform beyond Redstone. There isn't a platform that doesn't have apps that crash. Or glitches that require a reboot.

There's still rough parts and some odd issues. I imagine it'll clean up fast getting closer.

Also worth noting that you're not wrong, but there's still a matter of reliability.
iOS and Windows Phone 8.x were the most reliable I've ever used.
Windows 10 Mobile 10586 was among the worst. (I haven't taken Redstone for a serious ride yet.)

Sure they both had apps that crashed sometimes or rebooted, but frequency!

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
If you are thinking about a low end phone, would it be an idea to look at the 650, this is a much newer phone, I shouldn't think it is much lower in spec than the 735 and by being released with 10 as native it should give a more stable experience.

bdchambers79

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site

I mean, Redstone isn't supported on my phone (HTC One M8), so I hacked the registry to allow me to install it anyway. And as a result, it's not stable :D

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
If you are thinking about a low end phone, would it be an idea to look at the 650, this is a much newer phone, I shouldn't think it is much lower in spec than the 735 and by being released with 10 as native it should give a more stable experience.

650 is littlle more performant than 640, and identical to 735 except bigger OLED and cameras.
Only downgrade is 720p 30 fps videos, for the rest the SD212 is little better than 400 with the half of the battery use

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
I mean, Redstone isn't supported on my phone (HTC One M8), so I hacked the registry to allow me to install it anyway. And as a result, it's not stable :D

Sorry, but you probably should have led with THAT. You are having issues with the build, not necessarily due to the build, but because its running on a device it shouldn't be running on. Theres a ton of people here that will jump on any post to slam the platform, some of us try to call out the vast majority as user error. That being said, Redstone is great but not perfect. But, as I said before, no platform is. Get a cheapo phone that CAN run Redstone and enjoy!

bdchambers79

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, but you probably should have led with THAT. You are having issues with the build, not necessarily due to the build

Um, why? It's irrelevant to my question. I know the builds are unstable on my device, I'm choosing to do it anyway, and I'm buying a second phone that'll be stable. My question was about the act of running two phones w/ the same account, NOT why an unsupported build of a preview branch is giving me issues on my phone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro