Why can the system tray be hidden?

vincenzo_abete

Dec 11, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys, I have asked this question to myself for quite some time now, but I still haven't come up with a good explanation; do you know why the system tray (network, battery, clock etc.) on Windows 10 mobile can be hidden? It doesn't take that much space...

Anyway I have a couple of ideas and I have posted them in the feedback hub. I thought I'd share them here so that if you feel like me you can upvote and hope that they consider them.

I think the system tray should have a translucent background, just like the nav bar at the bottom should always be. It should also follow the accent colour if you choose so.
Link:
feedback-hub:?contextid=18&feedbackid=5cc2d267-c2a7-4dab-ae83-a8b8709635bd&form=2&src=2

My second idea is that the bar at the top should follow the behaviour of the navigation bar at the bottom. Shown by default and hidden when hiding the navigation
Link:
feedback-hub:?contextid=305&feedbackid=bb67949a-ab0c-412a-81a4-0b4f279f877a&form=2&src=2

Please upvote if you like the idea, but I would also like what your thoughts are!

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
it used to be hidden all the time, it was supposed to be minimalistic and was one of the many reasons for the small fan base to love wp, its just a remnant of what once was...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss