New 950 XL user - Android since 2009

ggrant3876

Jul 6, 2016
Visit site
Been an android user since 2009, just got my 950 XL a moment ago. Charging the battery and downloading the latest update. The question is I found double tap in the navigation bar to get to the lock screen. In android you hit the power button and swipe to get back to the home page. When I tap the power button the camera comes up and then I have to tap the back button to get home. There has to be an easier way and I'm afraid this will be number 1 of multiple questions

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Just click the centre Windows "button" (Down the bottom and if they aren't on show, swipe up) to take you to the start screen.

Edit: The power button is below the volume button and above the camera button, I guess you are pressing the wrong button.

ggrant3876

Jul 6, 2016
Visit site
Just click the centre Windows "button" (Down the bottom and if they aren't on show, swipe up) to take you to the start screen.

Edit: The power button is below the volume button and above the camera button, I guess you are pressing the wrong button.

It had a case and only showed the top 3 buttons as one, I guess I was pressing the camera button as the power button. It's going to be a steep learning curve for me.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Lol, and even I got it wrong, on the XL from top to bottom it is Volume up, power button, volume down and finally at the bottom the camera, it's very different on my 1520 and I am still getting the hang of it.

I have a work supplied Android phone, had it for three years, still haven't got the hang of it and to be honest I hate it.

ananve

May 22, 2016
Visit site
The camera button comes in handy when you need it. Try to use it and you'll find yourself liking the phone more and more.
This button actually is the feature that I would love to have with all Lumia. Previously, even L620 had it. Well, that's an incredible phone for it's price in their day.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Been an android user since 2009, just got my 950 XL a moment ago. Charging the battery and downloading the latest update. The question is I found double tap in the navigation bar to get to the lock screen. In android you hit the power button and swipe to get back to the home page. When I tap the power button the camera comes up and then I have to tap the back button to get home. There has to be an easier way and I'm afraid this will be number 1 of multiple questions

read the product manual :wink:

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Lol, and even I got it wrong, on the XL from top to bottom it is Volume up, power button, volume down and finally at the bottom the camera, it's very different on my 1520 and I am still getting the hang of it.

I have a work supplied Android phone, had it for three years, still haven't got the hang of it and to be honest I hate it.

I adapted to the button placement of the 950xl really quickly. It is actually quite logical and done well. I can have my thumb resting on the buttons and easily control it without even moving away. I just roll up to do up volume, roll down for down volume slide thumb down over volume up and next button I feel which is depressed is power and bam. It's a bit harder with the mozo cover because the buttons are harder to press but still works hehe.

For OP if you want to make your phone look nice look into some of the mozo replacement covers out there. I have the brown leather one.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers