I can't seem to download anything properly from the internet on my windows 10 computer. All exe files download with a corrupt or invalid signature (that's how Edge puts it) I've tried other browsers and Download managers and I still get the same error. It even affects Chrome installation
    Media files (audio and video) download but are intermittently distorted when played.
    It's also preventing me from downloading windows updates and updating Windows defender.
    I didn't have this problem when I initially upgraded from Windows 7 but then it started suddenly.
    I did a clean install because of this but the problem persists.
    Please help.
    07-08-2016 09:15 PM
    If you did a clean install, it is possible you may have gotten infected with a rootkit malware that persists even a clean install.

Best bet would be to find a clean computer and download the Media Creation Tool and make a bootable installer USB drive. Plug it into your target machine and boot from it and do a clean install. May want to format the drive and wipe the partitions and recreate them. Format again. Just to be sure.

However, the malware could write itself onto the usb drive, so may wanna create installer DVD.

GL.
    07-08-2016 10:01 PM
    Thanks. Will try this. But then, won't wiping the partitions affect the manufacturer installed apps and drivers?
    07-08-2016 10:27 PM
    But then, will wiping the partitions not affect my manufacturer installed programmes and drivers?
    07-08-2016 10:29 PM
    But then, will wiping the partitions not affect my manufacturer installed programmes and drivers?
    Yes it will wipe everything. I only use the product key off the sticker on the computer and the Windows 10 boot media. No need for OEM restore anymore. Plus its bloated with junkware.

If you have upgraded to Windows 10 using that product key, it is registered fo Windows 10 indefinitely. I have done several clean installs already with no issues. Fresh start is always welcomed.
    07-09-2016 06:41 PM