What major issues remain to be solved in Windows 10 for PCs before Anniversary update?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
The latest build at the time of writing this is 14385. So my question is what major issues remain to be solved? The issues have to be common for many users and not just unique to a handful of users

If there are no major issues left to solve, what about minor ones?

This is for pc

Thank you

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
My guess is much of what you might hear about are aesthetic in nature. Hamburger vs ellipses. Not a good use of screen real estate. etc

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
My guess is much of what you might hear about are aesthetic in nature. Hamburger vs ellipses. Not a good use of screen real estate. etc

I just hope that what ever they choose, that it is implemented across the board, so I don't have to remember/find what app uses the ellipses, and which uses the hamburger. I actually liked the relative default of the ellipses, in the bottom right corner. Now that they have changed it to the hamburger on some apps, I have to find it; which is fine - I will get used to whatever they go with - I just want to get used to one, OR THE OTHER, not both.

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
The last OS update somehow broke Netflix and fxnow for many of us. This company had a hard enough time getting big name apps. Netflix has been down for over a month for many of us. You think something like this would be a to priority. Netflix says they can't figure out what changed in the os to cause this, so it's on Microsoft. At this point it is ridiculous that this hasn't been fixed, so let's hope the anniversary update finally does.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
The last OS update somehow broke Netflix and fxnow for many of us. This company had a hard enough time getting big name apps. Netflix has been down for over a month for many of us. You think something like this would be a to priority. Netflix says they can't figure out what changed in the os to cause this, so it's on Microsoft. At this point it is ridiculous that this hasn't been fixed, so let's hope the anniversary update finally does.

I read somewhere the netflix app is no longer in store

Thomas Schubert1

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
My hey Cortana has NEVER worked right. I would love for that to be fixed.

Over on mobile my band 2 has had the regular "connecting..." Bug as everyone else for the last 7 months. Fixing that would be pretty great too.

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
My hey Cortana has NEVER worked right. I would love for that to be fixed.

Over on mobile my band 2 has had the regular "connecting..." Bug as everyone else for the last 7 months. Fixing that would be pretty great too.
You know what is funny? Thingslike your band connecting issue are rampad. If you post it in the comments section of the articles, you get hammered by people saying theirs has never done it and you are a complete liar. Come to the forums, and there are people screaming about the same issue everywhere. Part of the reason things never get fixed are as soon as you point out a major issue, so many excuse making apologists do damage control amd declare it a fairy tale. Ridiculous. Hope the band thing does get fixed also....$250 device that for six months has been useless and is now through half its life cycle.

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I read somewhere the netflix app is no longer in store
They pulled it and put it back, but still doesn't work for many of us. But as I said to the follow above, in the article about Netflix, many of us with the issue were told everyone elses was fine and we were full of it. Love this place.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
How bout implementing a swype feature for the keyboard? That would be lovely

Can you choose where edge saves downloads yet? Not sure have not been keeping up with the insider program for pc.

BonzeUK

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Originally posted by missionsparta
They pulled it and put it back, but still doesn't work for many of us. But as I said to the follow above, in the article about Netflix, many of us with the issue were told everyone elses was fine and we were full of it. Love this place.
Nobody said you were "full of it" for claiming the app didn't work for you, perhaps you are getting confused.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I know it's not directly a 10 Anniversary issue, but Skype needs sorting and sorting fast, I used skype years ago then last spring I decided to use it to keep our family together, and although I have persevered it has to be said it has been bloody hard work, we have Xbox Ones, my wife had a Surface 2 (Now has my SP1), I had a SP1 and now a SP3, we have windows phones and a desktop. My daughters use I phones and Macs

The interface was different on almost ever device, no pictures would show on he Surface 2, then Skype decided to ditch the tablet version so making Skype almost unusable on tablets (you try the desktop version on one, its crap) then they came out with the "New apps", then finally they ditched that idea and announced finally what most users wanted, a universal app, but so many people have given up on Skype and I am having massive trouble keeping my family using it.

The sooner the UA comes out the better, and it really has to work out of the box or I am dropping it and become another dead account that you can't close................

Last edited:

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Just go to personalization and set a desktop background slide show, browse to a custom folder of your choice containing your images.

Go on, I dare you.

BonzeUK

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Called 'deletes'. But thanks again for looking out for me.
Ah yes, 'deletes' :cool:

And, no I wasn't looking out for you dearheart, I was just helping you remember what you actually posted that caused your little tummy upset.
As I said, no-one accused you of being "full of it" for saying that the app didn't work for you.
And no-one would, as the majority of people on theses forums are 'looking out' for eachother and willing to help where they can.

On the other hand if someone claims that they have spoken to a developer when they obviously haven't....
But, thank goodness for 'deletes'.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb