Wifi issues since 14383 (or firmware 16236.35033)

Loki1973

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
Since I upgraded to RS1 14383, I'm having issues switching Wifi connections.

It seems that after my phone starts up I can succesfully connect to Wifi and it works fine.
When I switch networks it succesfully connects to the Wifi signal, but in the end it says "No internet access". When I check the IP config of that wireless connection it shows the IP config of the previously connected Wifi network instead of the current. It doesn't happen always, but it happens 80% of the time. The only solution I have found so far is to reboot the phone.

After reboot, it connect instantly, but the problem repeats itself. Somehow the IP config is sticky. And no, there is no static IP configuration.

I got the 14383 update together with the latest firmware available for the 950XL. I'm slightly worried that it may also be a firmware issue, which will probarbly take much more time to release. The problem remains with build 14385. I have not seen a fix for this in the release notes since 14383.

Are other people having the same issues?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Since I upgraded to RS1 14383, I'm having issues switching Wifi connections.

It seems that after my phone starts up I can succesfully connect to Wifi and it works fine.
When I switch networks it succesfully connects to the Wifi signal, but in the end it says "No internet access". When I check the IP config of that wireless connection it shows the IP config of the previously connected Wifi network instead of the current. It doesn't happen always, but it happens 80% of the time. The only solution I have found so far is to reboot the phone.

After reboot, it connect instantly, but the problem repeats itself. Somehow the IP config is sticky. And no, there is no static IP configuration.

I got the 14383 update together with the latest firmware available for the 950XL. I'm slightly worried that it may also be a firmware issue, which will probarbly take much more time to release. The problem remains with build 14385. I have not seen a fix for this in the release notes since 14383.

Are other people having the same issues?

There was in the know iussues under investigation in release blog. In last weekend update seems they fixed

hatie123

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I am having the same issue & I'm it's not just me. Every time I restart me phone I let Microsoft through the Feedback app. I hope they figure out a fix for this soon.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I am having the same issue & I'm it's not just me. Every time I restart me phone I let Microsoft through the Feedback app. I hope they figure out a fix for this soon.

That's the wrong forum, check in Insider. iussue was almost fixed. Only one wifi reboot in one whole day for now on last Redstone!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss