W10M Official 10586.494 Discussion (Threshold Branch, Production Ring/Official)

Horvath Gyorgy1

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
I don't have any issues with the latest update but I just realized that there is spam filtering in outlook on my phone. Since when has this been there I wonder.

hornetmali

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
very BIG issue with this update i am on Nokia lumia 930 and had the previous slow circle build WM 10 but yestarday when i tried to update on FULL BATTERY and connected to factory charger i got cogs turning halfway trough and got sign for low battery ?????? then i tried a few more times and got a sad face :-(( and blue screen . than i connected to computer and got latest WINDOWS RECOVERY TOOL (thanks god for that) and i recovered and selected recovery date to yesterday morning prior to update but i dont have WM 10 anymore ..... i only got WM 8.1 denim wich came with the phone over a year ago ... i have tried this morning but the result was the same during the update halfway trough i get battery low sign and then it loops between update and restartin the device .... where i can get help getting WM 10 back on the phone ?????

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
very BIG issue with this update i am on Nokia lumia 930 and had the previous slow circle build WM 10 but yestarday when i tried to update on FULL BATTERY and connected to factory charger i got cogs turning halfway trough and got sign for low battery ?????? then i tried a few more times and got a sad face :-(( and blue screen . than i connected to computer and got latest WINDOWS RECOVERY TOOL (thanks god for that) and i recovered and selected recovery date to yesterday morning prior to update but i dont have WM 10 anymore ..... i only got WM 8.1 denim wich came with the phone over a year ago ... i have tried this morning but the result was the same during the update halfway trough i get battery low sign and then it loops between update and restartin the device .... where i can get help getting WM 10 back on the phone ?????

That's not update iussue. Remove battery and clean all copper pins, in the slot too.
Then clean usb ports.
If you got a tester, measure battery and charger voltages.7

Then retry with WDRT

I guess a faulty battery or charger

MrKappa

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
same as ever:
-data sense not working while on airplane mode
-hotspot stops working after locking screen

at this point im pretty sure they are at that later stage kind of like w7 or 8 after some major fixes, they just fix the random chinese character not appearing when installing some random app that happens to be in italian in a french pc, that kind of bugs

other than that, same buggyness, same unreliability, glitches, etc. this is it, there's no more "wait for update to fix x thing" its time to decide if you like how it is or not

Same old hot spot problem for me too on L720.
It's the most important bug, very annoying the Ms didn't fixed yet for some few devices but for others I read that this problem has been solved.

jrb363

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
My phone won't download the update. I'm using an unlocked 950XL on AT&T. My problems started last night when I felt my phone was hot...it was attempting to download the .494 update (supposedly only 80mb) over my data even though I've clearly got enough room under my cap. (15GB) I'm now connected to my company's wifi at work and it still won't download the update. :angry:

Also, when trying to download the update, it remains stuck at 0% for about half an hour and my phone just gets really really hot. To the point where, even with a case, it will make my palms sweaty by holding it momentarily. After about 30 minutes it says 'unable to update' and stops trying. (This is when I'm trying to update over the air with my data plan.)

Any suggestions? :crying:

Smidgerine

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I have the exact same issue. I kept having mine 1520 reboot over and over and over and over. I restored as you did and it went back to 8.1. Did the critical update to 8.1 and then tried to install win10 through upgrade advisor since ATT supported that. No go, same problem. Then I restored again. Tried to do insider fast ring. Does same thing. Incessant rebooting, sometimes gears, not sure what happened as it had been on Release preview ring for the last 6 months. Guess I'll go back to 8.1 for a bit. :(

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Just noticed Quiet Hours turned on automatically for the first time since the last upgrade :smile:

Really? Mine have always worked until this update! Now they wont turn on automatically anymore...

Keith, we really appreciate you taking Bob's glitch off his hands... :winktongue:

Try going to Cortana > Hamburger (≡) > Notebook > Quiet Hours > Repeats > select each day of the week manually

I've just remembered I had to do this when I first migrated to W10M.

Keith White Jr

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Keith, we really appreciate you taking Bob's glitch off his hands... :winktongue:

Try going to Cortana > Hamburger (≡) > Notebook > Quiet Hours > Repeats > select each day of the week manually

I've just remembered I had to do this when I first migrated to W10M.

I'll give it a shot! Thank you! I just wish i could change Cortana's quite hours response. Its so generic.

hornetmali

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
i checked battery and charger are fine its the problem with update also the phone gets really hot and restarts in a loop . how can this be solved i am still on 8.1 ???????:crying:

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
I discovered today that Microsoft Voice Recorder is not working.It is taking me to Voice Recorder in Store where it shows that app is installed.On clicking 'open',it is reverting back to Store page .Lumia 535 DS.
Is anybody else facing this ?

Edit - When data/wifi is turned off and I open Voice Recorder ,the following screen shows on my mobile -

wp_ss_20160714_0001.png

Last edited:

sarunas1982

Nov 23, 2015
Visit site
I have Outlook Account Settings Are Out Of Date issue. I had it previously, after one of previous updates it was solved but now after 494 it seems like back again. It is so annoying......

sarunas1982

Nov 23, 2015
Visit site
If solution would be so easy.
In fact it asks to retype the password, but the thing is it was not ever changed. Moreover mailbox still working when ignoring those messages. This was widely known bug before for Outlook on W10 and seems like it is back again for some reasons.

avengerxp

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 640 - updated to the current build. No problems so far.

cortana works now, before it would take my reminders, but when I confirm by saying "yes" would swing until screen locks.

from the official build I'm having the following apps unable to update on store
Lumia Motion Data
Gestures & Touch
Rate Your Device
Equaliser

svknet

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Battery drain is observed on my Lumia 830 after upgrading to .494. Now almost 8~9% battery is used every hours for same background activity as earlier. I guess earlier it may be using 3~4% battery in background.

sk0gg1es

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Battery drain is observed on my Lumia 830 after upgrading to .494. Now almost 8~9% battery is used every hours for same background activity as earlier. I guess earlier it may be using 3~4% battery in background.

Battery drain is worse on my Icon as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss