Windows 10 Official 10586.494 Discussion (Threshold 2, Inactive)

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Issues? Bugs? Solutions? For all things Build 10586.494 of Windows 10. Discuss it all here.

Here is what's fixed in Windows 10 build 10586.494 July update for PC and Mobile

Note that this build was matched with Release Ring when it was published.

[TIP]Basic tip

If you're having any issues with your device, try a reset.

Settings > Update & security > Recovery > Reset this PC > This provides you with two options: 1. keep my files and 2. remove everything[/TIP]

[TIP]Keep my files

Does just as its name describes. If you choose the setting you can reinstall Windows 10 without having to back up any of the pictures, videos, music and documents that you have stored on it. You absolutely should back up these things just in case, but you shouldn?t need to use that back up. Keep My Files requires a certain amount of free space on your device. As such, it may be unavailable to you if your device is stuffed with a lot of files. If you get an error message asking for more storage when you choose this option you?ll need to back up your files and choose the remove everything option. You could also delete any files that you aren?t using on your device and try the option again. This option will take longer than the other options.[/TIP]

[TIP]Remove Everything

Deletes every file, every setting from your device and gives you a blank copy of Windows 10 to work with. You?ll need to add any files you have backed up to your device again [/TIP]

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Official 10586.494 Discussion (Threshold Branch, Production Ring/Official)

Is this a feature or a bug? When updates are installed, a notification pops up saying updates were installed - you click on it but nothing happens. You can only dismiss it but not click on it to lead to something else

jacquesvan

May 27, 2015
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Official 10586.494 Discussion (Threshold Branch, Production Ring/Official)

My system is a HP X360 convertible. Booted normally after install. Hour later first time coming out of sleep state got BSOD with error message "Driver-power-state-failure". Next boot ok. Five minutes later froze when clicking on Start Menu. Had to force power off to get it working again. Never had a single issue with this system before today's update.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Is this a feature or a bug? When updates are installed, a notification pops up saying updates were installed - you click on it but nothing happens. You can only dismiss it but not click on it to lead to something else

Does winver confirm you are at 10586.494?

I've had that on mobile (not on PC so far) and it is a sign of an update that did not apply. I start the process over again and it goes through.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

Does winver confirm you are at 10586.494?

I've had that on mobile (not on PC so far) and it is a sign of an update that did not apply. I start the process over again and it goes through.

I'll check that when I get home

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

I'll check that when I get home

Updated my laptop last night and it did the same thing, nothing when clicking on the "Updates Installed" notification. Checked WinVer and I do have .494

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

Updated my laptop last night and it did the same thing, nothing when clicking on the "Updates Installed" notification. Checked WinVer and I do have .494

it's been like that for a long time -I thought clicking that would take us to a page that would tell us what is improved

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

In Cortana the icon to listen to/identify music that is playing has gone missing.

10586.494 - Lumia 640 Insider Release Ring, Lumia 1520 Official, Desktop Official - US Region and Settings.

Typing in the request "what's playing right now" fails.

Voice command "what's playing right now" works. Awkward in some situations.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site

My bros HP computer got this update and it reset all the settings he had. PIN login no longer works. He can't connect his laptop to TV using HDMI as it displays for 1 second in an all purple tone and then disconnects. Some apps are saying there's no internet even though there is. What a mess. Now I have to fix stuff for him. Now I know why people hate forced updates. MS just sucks at them.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: When will the official build of Anniversary Update be released?

AU rolling out OTA for PC.

Capture02.png

Windows 10 official/production. US Central Time Zone.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077