Cortana live tile on mobile phone.

andrew bainbridge

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
having recently removed my Cortana live tile from my lumia 640 lte my phone response time has improved quite considerably. the problem started with WhatsApp. it was always 'resuming' whenever I opened it and could find out why it was so slow at responding, so much so, I did a factory reset then reinstalled WhatsApp with the 'resuming' issue still in place. it was a chance read on a post somewhere on a forum I've since forgotten that I read a remark that said something like 'some people think its the Cortana live tile...' I then proceeded to unpin the tile and hey presto my phone began to run normally again and respond quickly when I opened the WhatsApp tile. since removing the Cortana live tile I've had no more issues with 'resuming' and the phone responds quickly like it used to. turns out I didn't need to do a hard reset after all - just unpin the Cortana live tile. if any one else has experienced this issue please post here with what's happened and pass it on. cheers drew.

andrew bainbridge

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
I had read the same months ago - I thought they would have solved this by now :cool:
hi Chintan. Firstly, thanks for responding to my other post about calender and quiet time. Iam unable to post on the WC Desktop app or WC Mobile app - I don't know why? But yes, the Cortana live tile was a serious problem. It affected my phones speed very much and now I've removed it the problem is gone! Cheers, drew.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss