[APPS] Microsoft MAPS : doesn't find street addresses

Genz3r

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

I'm going on vacation soon to Spain, Malaga and was preparing some places to visit. I downloaded the offline map of Andalusia and now through the search function I want to add places. This all works fine as long as I use the names of the sightseeings or monuments BUT when I type the streetname, it always says that it can't be found. EVEN when my screen is RIGHT ON THE street. When I use on my computer google maps, this location is found. Also the old google MAPS-app founds this location but not through the MAPS app.
Does anyone else have this problem?
What am I doing wrong?
Who can give me hints or tips?

thank you

Genz3r

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site
I was looking for Antonio Machado Street in Benalmadena. For example. But some others also don't work. As for my home place, it does.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Have the same problem I was trying to gps a home address today and it wouldn't find the address. Before they updated maps for Redstone I found the address every time with no issue

Sent from mTalk

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
just tried that here, it even gives me suggestions to the streets i type in, but when i click the suggestion itself it says it didnt find it, lol, we can pretty easily assume this is a bug

Genz3r

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site
hmm great... I'm kinda getting tired of all the bugs and not complete apps... Most things have very good ideas but it's far far from finished before release. Don't understand why they can't provide a good functional navigation app.

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I just tested, tried typing in my address, and it auto-completed correctly, and I live on somewhat obscure street, a "NE ... Place", which is a one-off, some GPSs have trouble with our address, particularly older ones.
I do have all the NA maps downloaded to my SD card, but I doubt that it matters.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
hmm great... I'm kinda getting tired of all the bugs and not complete apps... Most things have very good ideas but it's far far from finished before release. Don't understand why they can't provide a good functional navigation app.

-time

nadella wants to go too fast, its great, but its also annoying as you're experiencing first hand

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss