How can I get my old IPaq to sync with Windows 10?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I have been using my HP IPAQ for years. I have not been able to download the Windows Mobile to Syc with my Outlook 2016. with Windows 10 HELP

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
re: How can I get the Windows Mobile for my old IPac. I just got windows 10

ActiveSync is built into Windows 10 so should work the same way as Windows 7.

HP IPAQ is a very old device (15 years+). HP have a nice new HP Elite x3 should you probably look at upgrading to.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
re: How can I get the Windows Mobile for my old IPac. I just got windows 10

Active Sync 4.5 is the last version released... Get it here. https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...px%3Fid%3D15%26wa%3Dwsignin1.0&token=zu20jTvb

I would run it in Compatibility Mode for XP Service Pack 2 (SP2).

More details here as well: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ActiveSync

Note that there is a hard line in Office Products drawn at 2003. Pre 2003 documents/files/etc need to be converted to work with more modern versions of Office (2007 and up). Outlook is considered an Office product.

You may benefit from installing the Office File Converter Pack. See this page: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/212265

However, it may still not all come together. They built those iPAQs so well they have outlived their support for many years. I still have a functional iPAQ rx3115 in a drawer. It's pretty much functional, but just an oddity now.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: How can I get the Windows Mobile for my old IPac, I just got Windows 10?

Unfortunately the iPAQ range are just way to old to work with Windows 10, you may get one of the things above to work but I can't guarantee it. As a former Windows Mobile device owner you myself, my best advice would be to ditch the iPAQ and move to a Windows 10 Mobile device as least that way you know it will work.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: How can I get the Windows Mobile for my old IPac. I just got windows 10

ActiveSync is built into Windows 10 so should work the same way as Windows 7.

HP IPAQ is a very old device (15 years+). HP have a nice new HP Elite x3 should you probably look at upgrading to.

WMDC is not built into Windows 10, it would need to be installed separately. That's if it works on Windows 10 anyway and if it still exists.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: How can I get the Windows Mobile for my old IPac, I just got Windows 10?

Aww c'mon! Desktop Windows is known for backwards compatibility and I sync early 2000's Palm OS stuff with my 10 PC! :)

True but how reliable is the sync solution, last time I tried WMDC it failed constantly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon