Urls won't open from within text areas?

earthman007

Apr 30, 2016
Visit site
Urls won't open from within text areas

I don't know if this is a restriction caused by site providers or my phones, so am interested in thoughts or possible workarounds.

Usually I notice this in forum threads, where someone's posted a url, linking elsewhere. But it doesn't have an automatic clickable option, that subsequently opens the new page. The link details will just be a string of text.

As I said, I do visit a fair few forum options, so this may be an issue that's restricted to such boards, where I'd encounter it.

If you have any ideas, it would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Lumia 635/650

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Re: Urls won't open from within text areas

That has to do with the specific website you're visiting. Most probably.

earthman007

Apr 30, 2016
Visit site

Thanks for your reply. They may not construct all sites to appropriate standards. I'd just wondered if it was mine, due to my phones, as they work on other devices, including pc's.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

Thanks for your reply. They may not construct all sites to appropriate standards. I'd just wondered if it was mine, due to my phones, as they work on other devices, including pc's.

since you're using a phone, which browser do you use?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

I'm using the native Edge browser. If you have any ideas, thanks.

you mentioned forums - is this the WC forums? You can try the app from the store
Or try a different browser and see if the links still do not show up - there are browsers like UC browser and Opera Mini

earthman007

Apr 30, 2016
Visit site

you mentioned forums - is this the WC forums? You can try the app from the store
Or try a different browser and see if the links still do not show up - there are browsers like UC browser and Opera Mini

Hi, thanks again :)

I've managed to find a couple of links, using Opera Mini, which I've been using for years. They don't show as full links either, though it does appear easier to copy them, so I can paste later.

I've used WC forums via other options, which works fine. Thanks again!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss