Windows 10 pro - how to configure admin vs employee account?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Windows 10 pro - how to configure admin vs employee account

I've got a brand new laptop running Windows 10 Pro. I want to have an admin account for myself and another account for my employee. They should login using a local account ideally. When I install applications and map drives using my admin account, I want them to be available to the employee. This is not happening currently. What is the proper configuration of accounts for this to work? We do not have a domain or anything like that.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 pro - how to configure admin vs employee account

I've got a brand new laptop running Windows 10 Pro. I want to have an admin account for myself and another account for my employee. They should login using a local account ideally. When I install applications and map drives using my admin account, I want them to be available to the employee. This is not happening currently. What is the proper configuration of accounts for this to work? We do not have a domain or anything like that.

Your account is the primary account, then inside it you can open how many local not admin account you like (even a guest account too)

During app install, you'll be asked which user should use it (everyone or per-user)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett