Windows 10 "Download Starting" just keeps turning. No download.
    Windows 10 previously installed without my permission and I went back to Windows 7, as I didn't have time to mess with it.
    Windows 10 "free download" box says that my computer is compatible, and 10 DID install previously.
    I tried installing through the media site, and it said that my display is not supported, so it wouldn't download.

Windows Update seems to be working for other updates. I think I did do something to stop Windows 10 from installing every time I rebooted my computer, but don't remember what.

Disclaimer..I am in my late 70's. Can someone give me clear steps on what to do to get this problem resolved and Windows 10 up and running?
    07-20-2016 11:49 AM
    Windows 10 "Download Starting" just keeps turning. No download.
    Windows 10 previously installed without my permission and I went back to Windows 7, as I didn't have time to mess with it.
    Windows 10 "free download" box says that my computer is compatible, and 10 DID install previously.
    I tried installing through the media site, and it said that my display is not supported, so it wouldn't download.

Windows Update seems to be working for other updates. I think I did do something to stop Windows 10 from installing every time I rebooted my computer, but don't remember what.

Disclaimer..I am in my late 70's. Can someone give me clear steps on what to do to get this problem resolved and Windows 10 up and running?
    try this: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...troubleshooter

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-21-2016 12:35 AM